Latest Additions To The Site

Page 1 of 56 1000 Records Found

Waters Confectioners Shop, 28 Market Street, Lichfield

Waters was a confectioners and sweet shop at 28 Market Street Lichfield during the 1930s and 1940s. Adverts for Fry's and Cadbury's chocolates can be seen in the shop display. The shop has since been ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

A postcard view taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. On the extreme right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is a fine example of a Tudor timber-framed building. During the Civil War it was ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is ...

Bird's eye view of Lichfield

This 'bird's eye' (aerial) postcard scene was sent on quite a long journey, from Lichfield to Chile, South America. The view looks south-east over Lichfield towards St. Mary’s Church in Market Square. ...

Engraving of St. Mary's Church and Market Square, Lichfield

The present church of St. Mary's dates from the late 19th century, having replaced an earlier, medieval, church. During the Easter Sunday Service in 1716, part of the church spire fell down, and this ...

Comptons, 47 Bore Street, Lichfield

Comptons Cycle Shop was at number 47, Bore Street, Lichfield. This was branch 53 of a national network of shops selling cycles and cycle accessories. In recent years number 47 has been a card shop and ...

Bates' Shop, Bore Street, Lichfield

This photograph shows the row of three shops owned by Edgar Bates. The shop on the far left was a sweet shop, which was run by Bates' mother, the Photographers Studio is next to it, with the lingerie ...

Stone Telephone Exchange

The GPO (General Post office) telephone exchange in Stone. Seated at the front is Mrs Joan Ravenscroft. Joan was a telephonist from 1957 to 1967. The telephone exchange was over the Post Office in Granville ...

Cauliflower Harvest, Pinfold Farm, Lichfield

This photograph shows a cauliflower harvest, using the Gallimores' farm cart. William Gallimore was a market garderner and had fields on his farm on the Stafford Road, Lichfield. He was born in 1860 and ...

River Tean at Crakemarsh, near Uttoxeter

Cattle, a horse and ducks at a ford on the River Tean, close to Crakemarsh, near Uttoxeter Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

High Street, Stramshall

Looking north east along the High Street in Stramshall, taken from just opposite the junction with Broomyclose Lane. St. Michael's Church can be seen in the distance. Photograph by Alfred McCann ...

High Street, Stramshall

Looking north west along the High Street, Stramshall. On the right is the Hare and Hounds public house. St. Michael's church can be seen in the distance. Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, ...

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stramshall

The Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1899 and stands on High Street, Stramshall. Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

St. Michael's Church, Stramshall

St. Michael's was built in 1850-2 by Thomas Fradgley of Uttoxeter. Workmen have left their jackets and tools by the gate to the churchyard. Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Heath House, Upper Tean

The entrance front of Heath House. Chauffeurs and a car stand under the porte cochere. Heath House was built for John Burton Philips in 1836 and was designed by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield. It is a large ...

Heath House, Upper Tean

Heath House from the south west with the formal gardens in the foreground. Heath House was built for John Burton Philips in 1836 and was designed by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield. It is a large house of ...

Entrance lodge, Heath House, Upper Tean

The south west entrance lodge for Heath House, built in a Tudor style around 1836. Heath House was built for John Burton Philips in 1836 and was designed by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield. It is a large ...

Heybridge, Lower Tean

A view of Heybridge from the south-east. Samuel Philips (died1824) bought Heybridge in about 1813 and greatly extended an existing stone built farmhouse. Samuel was part of the J. & N. Phillips textile ...