Theme Explorer

Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Fields & Meadows
Page 1 of 32 570 Records Found

A "Staffordshire Sentinel" : St. Margaret's, Wolstanton

A watercolour by Harry Barnard with fields in the foreground, church and houses in the distance.

A general view of Rugeley

This image was almost certainly taken from the north elevation of 15 Ashleigh Rd Pear Tree Estate. When the Photograph was taken, it would have been fields and farmland. The White gates on the extreme ...

Aerial photograph. Trent Vale housing scheme. Circa 1935

During the inter war years the City Council, along with many other councils in the country, embarked upon a massive house building programme. Not only was this to encourage people to move to the area ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent

An aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent featuring Burton Bridge spanning the River Trent and the Washlands. The town centre is top left of this photograph. This Image is from a collection of photographs ...

Aerial view of Codsall

From 1963 to 2000 Codsall's population grew to about 11,200. Housing development continued north of the railway on sites such as Baker’s Ltd nurseries (now Bakers Way and Bakers Gardens), once famous ...

Aerial view of Codsall

By 1963 the population of Codsall had grown to around 6,800 and the major change in the landscape is obvious. Post-Second World War housing schemes have replaced the Victorian villas and surrounding fields, ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial View of Hixon and the Airfield Industrial Estate,

Aerial view of Hixon with the Second World War airfield in the top right corner. In the centre is St. Peter's Church, with the industrial estate to the left.

Aerial view of Perton Airfield

In this RAF aerial photograph the runways can clearly be seen. The hangers, control tower and airfield buildings are on the bottom left of this image. The Princess Irene Brigade training camp can be ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View of Stafford town centre, looking east. St. Mary's church can be seen in the bottom right, with Greengate and Gaolgate Streets running across the centre. Copyright and ownership of this image ...

Aerial View of the Stables, Tixall Hall, (1)

The semi-circular coach house and stables were built in the early nineteenth century. Designed by John Ireland the stables were built with higher pavilions at each end and a three-bay Gothic porch in ...

Aerial View of the Stables, Tixall Hall, (2)

The semi-circular coach house and stables were built in the early nineteenth century. Designed by John Ireland the stables were built with higher pavilions at each end and a three-bay Gothic porch in ...

Aerial View of the Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He started his own pottery business at Ivy House in Burslem 1759. As Wedgwood experiment with new techniques and glazes, his ...

All Saints Church from School Lane, Sandon

All Saints' dates from the Norman period. Inside, in the west window, can be found a fragment of fourteenth century stained glass. The font dates from 1669. In 1851 the north aisle was remodelled to serve ...

All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

Alton Village

The village dates from Saxon times and was originally known as 'Alverton'. There has long been a diverse religious tradition in Alton, with four non-conformist chapels existing at one time in addition ...

Alton Village

The village dates from Saxon times and was originally known as 'Alverton'. There has long been a diverse religious tradition in Alton, with four non-conformist chapels existing at one time in addition ...