Theme Explorer

Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Country Lanes & Footpaths
Page 1 of 27 484 Records Found

Aerial View of Meaford Hall, Stone,

Photograph taken from a sale catalogue. A hall has stood on this site since the seventeenth century. Towards the end of the century a William Jervis of Chatcull bought the estate, and in 1740 soldiers ...

Aerial View of Trentham Gardens,

Aerial view of Trentham Gardens showing the lake, Italian gardens and ballroom. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the ...

Aldridge - rural view: pen and wash drawing

'View near Aldridge,' showing a view of woodland near Aldridge. Artist: 'H. C. A., ' [Henry Curzon Allport].

All Saints Church from School Lane, Sandon

All Saints' dates from the Norman period. Inside, in the west window, can be found a fragment of fourteenth century stained glass. The font dates from 1669. In 1851 the north aisle was remodelled to serve ...

An Old Footpath, Moddershall. Photographed by William Blake.

Woodland scene taken at Moddershall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Architect's Design, Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Photograph of a drawing. Proposed design for the new Wedgwood Factory front at Barlaston, by architectural practice C.S. White and Keith Murray. Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship ...

Armitage Park: pen drawing

'View of Armitage Park with the carriage road (just then made) leading to the edge at the top of Brereton Hill.''John Allport del.,' [drawn]

Armitage Road, Rugeley

View of Armitage Road looking towards the 'Plum Pudding' public house on the Rugeley-Armitage Road (A513), close to the Trent & Mersey canal tunnel. The cottage on the left was demolished in the 1970s. ...

Ashcroft Lane, Shenstone

Looking north from the junction with Lynn Lane, Shenstone, this postcard view of houses and a cottage in Ashcroft Lane has hardly changed over the years. The buildings remain (July 2020), however, the ...

Atkey's Austin Loadstar Breakdown Lorry, Abbots Bromley

George Smith with an Austin Loadstar Breakdown lorry belonging to A.R. Atkey, of Carter Street Uttoxeter. It is parked in a lane near Abbots Bromley at the opening of Blithfield reservoir by the Queen ...

Audley's Cross Farm, Bloreheath

A Georgian building. One of the fields belonging to the farm contains Lord Audley's cross erected to commemorate the Battle of Blore Heath of 1459.

Back Lane, Croxton, near Eccleshall

A postcard view of Back Lane, Croxton. On the left is Croxton House Farm. To the right is Shakespeare House.

Bagnall Road, Baddeley Edge, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east down Bagnall Road, from close to its junction with Wardle Lane, towards Spout Lane. The house just visible over the van still stands. The delivery van belonged to the Co-operative Society. ...

Barlaston Hall Estate

This is probably the track that led from Old Road Farm towards Barlaston Hall. It was later converted into the public road named Wedgwood Drive. Barlaston Hall stands on a hill, overlooking the Trent ...

Barnfields Farm drive, Weeping Cross, Stafford

A view looking from Barnfields Farm towards the Cannock Road. This route is now followed by the service road that now (in 2012) runs from Wildwood Drive along the south side of the Wildwood public house, ...

Baswich Church

Postcard published by W.H. Smith & Son, Stafford.

Baswich Church

Baswich Lane shown looking west towards Weeping Cross from a position near the bridge over the main railway line. The buildings of Baswich Farm can be seen straight ahead and to the left and west of the ...

Beech Village,