Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Domestic Gardens
Page 1 of 10 163 Records Found

112 Lichfield Road, Stafford

This postcard view shows a house which is thought to be 112 Lichfield Road, Stafford. On the left of the picture there is a woman standing in the bay window looking towards the photographer. This is ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial view of Wordsworth Avenue, Stafford

Wordsworth Avenue, looking south, part of the Highfields Estate on the western side of Stafford.

Afternoon tea at The Firs, High Offley

A group of people taking tea in the garden of The Firs farm house. St. Mary's Church is on the opposite side of Shebdon Road. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Armitage Views

This multi-view postcard of Armitage shows scenes of the moorings on the Trent and Mersey canal by the Plum Pudding public house, Lodge Cottage on the Rugeley Road, a flower border by the canal cutting ...

Ashcroft Lane, Shenstone

Looking north from the junction with Lynn Lane, Shenstone, this postcard view of houses and a cottage in Ashcroft Lane has hardly changed over the years. The buildings remain (July 2020), however, the ...

Beacon Farm, Hopton,

Beacon Farm is little changed since this photograph was taken. The farm is situated on the left of the road to Weston, near Blackheath Covert.

Bellamour Way, Colton

This postcard view of houses on Bellamour Way in Colton has hardly changed over the years. The buildings remain (October 2020), however, the front gardens have changed. This postcard view was franked ...

Belle Vue Cottage

The cottage was home of Miss Harriet Brookes who in 1894 married Ralph de Tunstall Sneyd. Ralph was the only son and heir of John William Sneyd of Basford Hall, and when he married against his father's ...

Birch Lane, Brereton nr Rugeley

A quiet scene on Birch Lane, Brereton looking north. The car on the left is possibly a Ford Anglia with a Rover in the background.

Bradley, near Stafford

A postcard view from Almshouse Croft looking towards Chapel Lane (left) and Church Lane (right), with St. Mary and All Saints' Church in the distance and the Red Lion public house centre right. This ...

Brocton Hall,

Brocton Hall was built in 1760, George Chetwynd undertook extensive remodelling in 1801. The hall and land was acquired by Cannock Chase Golf Club in 1922, who had lost their club house in a fire. ...

Brocton Village

This postcard view of Brocton was sent from Brocton Camp on 2 April 1918 to an address in New Zealand.

Brook House, Milwich,

Brook House on Stone Road was formerly the post office. Its thatched roof had since been tiled.

Burntwood Road, Hammerwich

A postcard view looking north-east showing 'New Houses’ on Burntwood Road in Hammerwich. This postcard was published by Lilywhite (1932) Ltd., Sowerby Bridge.

Burston, near Stone

A postcard view looking north-west towards Burston village. The building in the distance on the left is the Greyhound Inn. The thatched cottages on the right have since been demolished. This postcard ...

Celery beds at Bonehill House, Tamworth

Gardeners with celery beds at Bonehill House, Fazeley. Bonehill House, near the north end of Drayton Park, was the seat of Mrs. Peel, relict of the late Edmund Peel, Esq., who died in November 1850 ...

Chartley Hall and Grounds, Stowe-by-Chartley,

The original moated timber mansion house at Chartley was home to the Devereux family, who had moved from Chartley Castle during the fifteenth century. In 1575 Elizabeth I was entertained at Chartley ...