Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Allotments & Vegetable Gardens
Page 1 of 2 36 Records Found
12

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north over Sandon Road. Corporation Street schools are at the bottom of the photograph, Coton Fields allotments are to the right, and the Lotus Shoe Factory is in the centre. At the top ...

Allotment gardens, East Vale, Longton

The footpath passing through allotment gardens between Kendrick Street and Meir Hay. Note the clinkers, saggars and bricks which make up the walls.

Arthur Naylor's Nurseries, Bolehall Manor, Tamworth

Arthur Naylor's greenhouses at the Amington Road nurseries. In the left foreground is the Reliant delivery van. Jack Naylor is standing in the background. Naylor's business started in the early 1900s. ...

Celery beds at Bonehill House, Tamworth

Gardeners with celery beds at Bonehill House, Fazeley. Bonehill House, near the north end of Drayton Park, was the seat of Mrs. Peel, relict of the late Edmund Peel, Esq., who died in November 1850 ...

Corporation Street, Stafford,

This view of Corporation Street, near Crooked Bridge Road, was taken prior to the widening of the road and the building of houses on the left, where allotments cover the ground. These houses were later ...

Coton Fields Allotments, Stafford

Tom Moreton and two boys on his allotment on Coton Fields, behind Oxford Gardens.

Cucumber and tomatoes, Uttoxeter

Mr A. Bailey of 54 Dove Walk, Uttoxeter pictured with a large hanging cucumber and tomatoes in his greenhouse. Photographer: Gerald McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Dovedale - 'The Planters Manuell' : copper-plate engraving

Title page of 'The Planters Manuell,' by Charles Cotton, Esq. Showing various aspects of farm life. 'London, Printed for Henry Brome, 1675. F. H. Van Houe, fec.,' [made the engraving].

Etruria, Stoke on Trent

Photograph taken looking east from Hartshill. Note the allotment gardens in the foreground.

Florists' Reliant Van, Bolehall, Tamworth

A Reliant three-wheeler van, belonging to A. Naylor & Sons, Nurserymen and Florists, Bolehall, Tamworth. Arthur Naylor's business at the Amington Road nurseries started in the early 1900s. The site ...

Gardening class, Dartmouth Street Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. It is now (in 2020) home ...

Gardening class, Dartmouth Street Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. A further name change ...

Heap family at Shugborough Walled Garden

Jean Lett (née Heap)with her brothers John (left) and Jim at the Walled Garden, Shugborough. Their father, James A. Heap, was tenant at the Walled Garden between 1939 and 1948 and specialised in sweet ...

Heap family at Shugborough walled Garden

James Heap, Mrs Heap, her daughter-in-law and John Heap outside the Head Gardener's house and conservatory at Shugborough. James A. Heap, was tenant at the Walled Garden between 1939 and 1948 and specialised ...

High Street, Uttoxeter

A view of High Street, Uttoxeter with a zebra crossing bottom right, Titley's electrical goods shop and Blackshaw's home furnishings shop on right. A Bedford lorry is approaching in the distance. Photographer: ...

Jack French, Pattingham

Jack French in the back garden of 15 Moor Lane, Pattingham.

Kitchen Garden Archway, Trentham Gardens

This archway provided an entrance to the Kitchen Garden. The arch stands alone these days at the new Stone Road entrance, the only relic of the former kitchen garden. Today the grounds have been developed ...

12