Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 94 1675 Records Found

14 Frederick Avenue, Penkhull

This building was originally a Sunday School and Chapel that stood on Frederick Avenue, previously Frederick Street until 1912. It was constructed in 1909 but has since been demolished.

A class from Amington School, Tamworth

Class 3 with their teacher, Mrs Davis, and Headmaster, Mr Sharley, from Amington Church of England school.

Abbot Beyne High School, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent

Inside a classroom at the Linell Building, Abbot Beyne High School, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent. William Beyne, Abbot of Burton Abbey, endowed a grammar school in the early 16th century, it was opened ...

Abbot Beyne High School, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent

The Linell Building of Abbot Beyne High School on Osborne Street, Winshill which houses 15 to 18 year old pupils, 11 to 14 year olds are at the nearby Evershed Building. William Beyne, Abbot of Burton ...

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Aelfgar School, Rugeley

An aerial view of Aelfgar School in Rugeley. The school closed on 31 August 2011 and later part of the building became the Aelfgar Surgery. Running across the centre of the picture is Taylors Lane and ...

Aerial view of Blake High School, Hednesford, Cannock

In the bottom left corner of the picture is Belt Road.

Aerial view of Codsall Secondary School

Looking south with Billbrook Road in the foreground and Elliots Lane on the right hand edge.

Aerial View of Stafford College,

North Staffordshire Polytechnic was established in the Stafford College buildings in 1970. In 1989 the polytechnic became a Higher Education Corporation after changing its name from North Staffordshire ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north over Sandon Road. Corporation Street schools are at the bottom of the photograph, Coton Fields allotments are to the right, and the Lotus Shoe Factory is in the centre. At the top ...

After the arson attack, Blake High School, Marston Road, Hednesford, Cannock

This photograph shows the remains of the gutted main two-storey block. Classrooms and craftrooms, as well as the library and canteen were all desroyed in the attack.

After the fire at Denstone Preparatory School

Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in a Gothic style. The Chapel was built in 1879-87 and the ...

After the fire at Denstone Preparatory School

A postcard view taken at Denstone Preparatory School after the fire in January 1912. Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William ...

Aldridge Grammar School: sepia drawing

'Grammar School at Aldridge, Staffordshire,' showing a Georgian house with four windows and dormers above. Artist: J. Buckler.

All Saints' (C of E) Primary School, Alrewas

The former village school building, situated on Mill End Lane, pictured when it was being used as an Outdoor Education Centre. It has since been converted to residential accomodation.

All Saints' (C of E) Primary School, Alrewas

At the time this photograph was taken, this redundant school building had been replaced by a modern school building with the same name on Furlong Close; and was being used as a Staffordshire County Education ...

Alleyne's Grammar School cross country runners, Stone

This large group includes: Roger Cratchley, Gordon Geddington, Michael Lane, Dan Rutter, Derek Slinn, Ken Deakin, Eddie Derbyshire, Roger Bigham, John Lloyd, Michael Buck, David Jones, Noel Banks, Tony ...

Alleyne's Grammar School football team, Stone

Standing, left to right: Mr. Scott (Art teacher and coach), Geoff Richardson, Peter Bourne, Eddie Varney, Nigel Ball, John Lloyd, Eddie Derbyshire, John White (Head Boy and linesman). Front row: Denis ...