Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 102 1832 Records Found

A Town on Millennium Eve, Newcastle-under-Lyme

An oil painting by Tim Lloyd, commissioned for the Millennium by Newcastle-under-Lyme Museum and Art Gallery. The painting contains images of people celebrating Millennium's Eve in Newcastle and contains ...

Abbey House, Ranton.

Abbey House, built c.1820, is situated next to the ruined tower of Ranton Abbey (just visible behind the trees on the left). The house was damaged by fire during the Second World War whilst occupied ...

Ada Vernon and Helen Garle, Coton, Milwich,

Adams Clock tower, Tunstall Park.

Erected in 1907, the clock tower commemorates William Adams, a prominent pottery manufacturer in Tunstall. The Adams family operated the Greengates and Greenfield potteries amongst others. Panels around ...

Adbaston Hall

Adbaston Hall was built in 1725 near the church to replace the old manor house, although it was extensively remodeled in the early 19th century.

Aerial photograph of John Hill & Sons Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of John Hill Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of John Hill Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of Lichfield

Minster Pool can be seen in the centre of this photgraph, with the cathedral on the left hand side. St. Mary's church can be seen on the far right, with Stowe Pools at the top. The bottom right hand ...

Aerial photograph of Shugborough Park

Shugborough Hall and gardens viewed from the west, with the River Trent to the left, the Arboretum and the River Sow in the foreground, and the old channel of the Sow forming an ornamental water feature ...

Aerial view of Chillington Pool

An photograph taken from a biplane, looking south east across the Chillington estate, near Brewood. Chillington Pool was created in the 1760s as part of landscape changes undertaken by Lancelot 'Capability' ...

Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

Aerial view of Farley Hall

The Farley estate passed to Richard Bill of Norbury, Derbyshire by marriage in 1607. He built Farley Hall shortly afterwards. There were extensive alterations in 1784. The Hall was later a Youth ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial View of Meaford Hall, Stone,

Photograph taken from a sale catalogue. A hall has stood on this site since the seventeenth century. Towards the end of the century a William Jervis of Chatcull bought the estate, and in 1740 soldiers ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north over Sandon Road. Corporation Street schools are at the bottom of the photograph, Coton Fields allotments are to the right, and the Lotus Shoe Factory is in the centre. At the top ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

Aerial view taken by R.A.F. 42 Operational Training Unit. In the lower half of the photograph can be seen the River Sow, Tenterbanks and Victoria Park (the tennis courts can be seen on the right). ...

Aerial View of Trentham Gardens,

Aerial view of Trentham Gardens showing the lake, Italian gardens and ballroom. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the ...