Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 35 Records Found
12

Anchor Road Bowling Club, Longton

Anchor Road Bowling Club green in Sandford Hill. The green was created on the site of abandoned mine shafts and spoil tips along side Anchor Road. The pavilion is off to the right behind the two members ...

Ancient Bowling Club of Cannock Cartoon

Birmingham Gazette cartoon about the "ancient bowling club" of Cannock, following a victorious home match against a team of County players led by Cllr Paulton of Wolverhampton. It includes charicatures ...

Bandstand and Bowling Green, Cannock

A very early postcard where the message and picture is on the same side; the address only being on the reverse. This style of postcard became obsolete when divided back cards were introduced in Great ...

Bowling Green Screen, Chillington Hall

The brick and stone bowling green screen has a pair of niches framing an archway behind which there was once a bowling green. The screen was built around 1724 and restored in 1911. The wrought iron gates ...

Bowling Green Screen, Chillington Hall,

The screen was built in about 1724 and restored in 1911.

Bowling Greens, Bucknall Park

Bucknall Park lies between Heath House Lane and the River Trent, just north of Finney Gardens. The park dates back to 1956 when nearly 17 acres of land was laid out with sports facilities, a pavilion ...

Bowls Club, Eccleshall

The bowling green was located at the rear of the Royal Oak Inn on High Street.

Corner of the Bowling Green, Cannock

A postcard picture of Cannock's bowling green with 'The Green' behind. This 18th century house was modernised in the mid-19th century by Bernard Gilpin, owner of the famous edge-tool manufactory. To ...

Daintry Street, Oakhill, Stoke-upon-Trent

A view north east along Daintry Street, in Oakhill, from Trent Valley Road. To the left is Oakhill Bowling Club. The terraced houses to the right date were built between 1900 and 1924 on land attached ...

Eccleshall Bowls Club

The bowling green was located at the rear of the Royal Oak Inn on High Street. Included in this group on the back row are: B. Perry, Sgt. Johnson, Mr Glover, P. Millward, P. Hardy. S. Williams, B. ...

Elkes Crown Green Bowling Club, Uttoxeter

Elkes Crown Green Bowling Team, who won the 1970 Uttoxeter Bowls League Trophy. Back row (left to right): Harold Potter, George Copeland, Ted Hudson, Roy Burnett, John Fearn. Front row: Fred Hudson, ...

Elkes Crown Green Bowling Club, Uttoxeter

The Uttoxeter-based Elkes Bowls Team pictured at Stafford during the 1990-91 season. Back row (left to right): George Weir, Di Shaw, Pete Hanson, Donny Watt, Jack Jones, Cliff Jones, Bob Hudson. Front ...

English Electric Bowls Club, Stafford

The Bowls Club formed part of the Social & Athletic Association (Social Club) at English Electric Co., Stafford. This photograph shows one of the Bowling Greens and the club building at Stychfields, adjacent ...

High Green Bowling Green, Cannock

A view of the Bowling Green looking towards the house known as The Green, also known as The White House or The Council House. It is thought to date from the early 1730s. Until 1735 it was occupied by ...

Jubilee Celebrations, Association of National Government Officers, Stone

To mark the golden jubilee of the founding of the Association of National and Local Government Officers’ (NALGO), a bowls match was arranged by the Stone branch of the Association, in which members of ...

Lotus Bowls Club, Stone

Joseph Rigby is standing at the back, left of centre just behind the little girl. This photograph is believed to show the opening of the Lotus Ltd bowls green on Oulton Road, which dated from 1922. ...

Lotus club members, Stone

Photograph shows Lotus club members outside the entrance to the wooden bowling clubhouse on Oulton Road, Stone. There was a bowling green in front of the clubhouse. At the back, on the verandah of ...

Marchington Bowls Club

May Emery is sitting down on the far left.

12