Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 5 89 Records Found

Alleyne's Grammar School kitchen, Uttoxeter

Uttoxeter Grammar School was founded in 1558 in the will of Thomas Alleyne, a school teacher. The school was originally a Grammar School for Boys and was on Bridge Street. Having outgrown the original ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road site. This image is the second of two views of this dinner, taken at 8.25pm, ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a Dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road Site. This image is the first of two views of this Dinner with the second ...

Bakestone at Broncott Farm, Upper Hulme

A built in millstone grit bakestone (or 'backstone') in the kitchen at Broncott Farm, Upper Hulme, near the Roaches. It was used for making Staffordshire oatcakes. it wasd dismantled and moved to the ...

Bakestone at Over Boothlow Farm, Longnor

To the left of a laundry copper is a built-in bakestone (or 'backstone') in the kitchen at Over Boothlow Farm, Longnor. It is made of brick with a circular iron plate on top, and was used to make Staffordshire ...

British Reinforced Concrete Canteen, Stafford,

Workmen in the canteen at British Reinforced Concrete. On the right is Jack Hodgkinson, a spot welder and First Aid worker. Jack was called up during the war and posted to 16 MU in Stafford. He returned ...

British Reinforced Concrete, Factory Canteen, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Broom Street Nursery School, Hanley

The school was designed of Queen Anne style by architect William Keates. It was built in 1879 to accomodate 750 children and cost £6,953 to construct.

Butter Making Competition, Knightley,

Butter making competition at Gorse Farm. Mr and Mrs George Watson, who lived at the farm, are seated in the centre with their daughter May.

Canteen staff, Frobisher Hall, Swynnerton

Canteen assistants at Frobisher Hall, Swynnerton. Frobisher Hall was a hostel for workers at the Royal Ordnance Factory at Swynnerton during and just after the 2nd World War. Workers at R.O.F. Swynnerton, ...

Canteen, British Reinforced Concrete, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Canteen, Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield

A view of the temporary student canteen in the New Training Building at the G.P.O. Training Centre in Yarnfield. Notice the lack of tables and chairs - the G.P.O. did not want the students to get too ...

Canteen, Post Office Training Centre, Yarnfield

This photograph of catering staff serving meals to staff and trainees at the Post Office Training Centre was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The General Post Office Engineering Department, ...

Canteen, Post Office Training Centre, Yarnfield

This photograph of catering staff in the kitchen at the Post Office Training Centre was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The General Post Office Engineering Department, Central Training ...

Canteen, Post Office Training Centre, Yarnfield

This photograph of catering staff serving meals to staff and trainees at the Post Office Training Centre was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The General Post Office Engineering Department, ...

Children involved in a shopping activity, Christ Church School, Stone

This picture was taken in the Main Hall of Christ Church First School in Stone. It may have been a School Fair. Peter Ridgway is at the back next to the Post box. This is the outcome of a reminiscence ...

Child's Birthday Party, Stafford,

Mrs Shanka Devadason (centre) holding a birthday party for her son Dev (to her left) in Weeping Cross.

Christ Church Mothers' Union, Stafford,

Christ Church opened on Foregate Street in 1839. Its mission church, St. Aidan's, was consecrated in 1902 on Marston Road. Mothers' Union meetings were held on the first Wednesday of every month, ...