Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 1 of 112 2000 Records Found

65-67 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

69-71 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

73-77 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. On the right is I. Stanejko's boot and shoe repair shop and above there is an advertising sign for Cherry Blossom shoe polish. All ...

81-87 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

A "Staffordshire Sentinel" : St. Margaret's, Wolstanton

A watercolour by Harry Barnard with fields in the foreground, church and houses in the distance.

A collection of spoil tips.

The view south from the Bemersley Green area with Chatterley Whitfield Colliery spoil tip in the foreground. Beyond that, almost in line, are the tips of Sneyd Colliery, Hanley Deep Pit and Fenton. ...

A general view of Alvecote Colliery

Alvecote Colliery, Tamworth Brickworks and the Coventry canal can be seen in this photograph. Alvecote Colliery was known as Tamworth Colliery until 1948.

A general view of Rugeley

This image was almost certainly taken from the north elevation of 15 Ashleigh Rd Pear Tree Estate. When the Photograph was taken, it would have been fields and farmland. The White gates on the extreme ...

A Scotch Valley

Pencil and sepia drawing by Great Haywood born artist, Thomas Peploe Wood (1817-1845), of a valley in Scotland, drawn during his visit made in 1838.

A view from Greenway Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view from Greenway Hall Road. In the foreground are the nurseries of A.P. Matthews with the 1920's bungalows along one side of Nursery Avenue leading up towards the new houses which were built ...

A view from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking north east from the end of Vicarage Road at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The middle of the photograph is dominated by the gas holders and buildings of Etruria ...

A view from Honeywall, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is a view north west from Honeywall. In the distance, on the right, is the spoil tip at Berryhill and just in front, the dome of the tower of the former Co-Op department store building ...

A view north from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the top of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking northwards. Inn the foreground is the Diamond Clay Works, manufacturing ...

A view of Harlaston, Lichfield

The triangular shaped Village Green, now a car park, can be seen in the background of this photograph, with the tower and Church of St. Matthews behind it. A Midland Red bus is pictured in the foreground....

A view of Tamworth Castle

A view of Tamworth Castle taken from the river. This photograph shows the rear of the boat house, with the River Tame in the foreground, and Lady Bridge on the left hand side.

A.W. Collyer & Sons plant nursery, Cannock

Arthur William Collyer was born in Bridgetown, Cannock. On leaving school he followed his father's trade as an auger maker, but by the 1911 census he is listed as a Colliery Clerk. He went on to run ...

Abandoned clay pit near Hollywall Lane, Tunstall

The camera is looking east over an abandoned clay pit near Hollywall Lane, just off Chatterley Road. The pit has been largely infilled. The two houses to the right have been demolished. Originally the ...

Abbey Farm, Abbey Green, Leekfrith

The farm is known to date back to 1614, and it was possibly built even earlier than this. The original timber-framed structure, built on a sandstone foundation on the site of Dieulacres Abbey remains ...