Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 47 Records Found

Boats and visitors, Rudyard Lake

Rudyard Lake is a reservoir and was constructed in 1797 by engineer John Rennie to feed the Caldon Branch of the Trent & Mersey Canal. It is around 2.5 miles long and covers roughly an area of 168 acres. ...

Bosley Cloud

Bosley Cloud, also known as The Cloud, is a prominent hill (standing at 343 metres) situated in the Peak District, with views across the Cheshire Plain. the border between Staffordshire and Cheshire ...

Church Schools, Swynnerton

The former Roman Catholic School building on the main road through Swynnerton, just north of St. Mary's church. It was built in 1856.

Cottages, Seighford

A pair of thatched cottages in Seighford with a water-pump in front. They were demolished when new council house were built in the 1950s. The pump was shared communally and was still in use up to 1948 ...

Cyclists, Tittensor

This view of Tittensor shows Stone Road with the former Post Office on the right. The road was widened to make room for the A34, resulting in the demolition of the buildings on the left. The buildings ...

Fitzherbert Arms Hotel, Swynnerton

Despite the caption of this postcard this public house has always been known as the Fitzherbert Arms, and not the Swynnerton Arms. the landlord at the time of this photograph was probably John Gosling. ...

Gig, Richardson and Son Coachbuilders, Uttoxeter

A cabinet card photograph advertising a gig made by Richardson & Son coachbuilders of Park Street, The Wharf, Uttoxeter. The business was started by George Richardson, a wheelwright in Bradley Street, ...

Haynes and Sons wheelwrights shop, Stone

Haynes and Sons wheelwrights workshop behind Cambridge House, Station Road, Stone. Bert Haynes standing to the right. Note the small wood burning stove in the centre of the photograph. Haynes and ...

Haynes and Sons wheelwrights shop, Stone

Haynes and Sons wheelwrights workshop behind Cambridge House, Station Road, Stone. From left to right: Harold Warillow, Tom Johnson, Bill Haynes (son of Fred Haynes). Haynes and Sons moved to this ...

Haynes and Sons workmen, Stone

Workers from Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, taken on the wedding day of Bert Haynes. From left to right: William Haynes, Harry Haynes, Ron Fowler, William Stubbs, Tom Johnson, Sam Cooper, Bert Haynes. ...

Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, at the County Show, Stone

A silver medal was presented by the Staffordshire Agricultural Society for this farm lorry which was built by Haynes and Sons, wheelwrights, Stone, and exhibited at the County Show held at Stone in June ...

Holland's Motor and Carriage Works, Eccleshall

H. Holland's Motor and Carriage Works on High street, Eccleshall. Henry Holland was born at Croxton, near Eccleshall in 1875. In the 1911 census his occupation is described as agricultural engineer, ...

Ivy House Farm, Fulford

Ivy House Farm was also a wheelwrights and coffin makers in the early 20th century. It still stands but is now (2007) derelict.

Joiners and wheelwright's, Crowdecote, near Longnor

Joiners and wheelwright's premises at Crowdecote, Earl Sterndale, Derbyshire (near Longnor, Staffordshire). Second from left is Luke Gregory, joiner and wheelwright. Pictured with him are two of his ...

Jubilee Stone, Rudyard

Erected in 1897 to mark Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, the Jubilee Stone in Rudyard also serves as the village War Memorial. It commemorates The Boer War, World War One and World War Two, as well as ...

Lorry made by Haynes and Son, wheelwrights, Stone

General purpose lorry made by Haynes and son, wheelwrights, Stone. In the background can be seen Cambridge House, then used as a store by the company. Haynes and Son moved to this site from premises ...

Lorry made by Haynes and Son, wheelwrights, Stone

General purpose lorry made by Haynes and son, wheelwrights, Stone. It was exhibited at the 1938 Staffordshire County Show, held in Stone. In the background can be seen Cambridge House, then used as a ...

Main Road, Wetley Rocks

Looking north along Main Road, Wetley Rocks, towards the junction with Mill Lane. A wheelwright's workshop is on the right.