Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 7 Records Found
1

Stonefield Park, Stone,

Stonefield Park was developed on part of Wakes Field, originally owned by Joule's Brewery. The land was bought in 1923 by Stone Urban District Council for £1000. The park was opened by Sir Ernest ...

Tennis Court with Players, Eccleshall,

This tennis court was located on Stafford Road. A garage now stands on the site.

Tennis Courts, Coton Hill Asylum, Stafford

Coton Hill Asylum was built in the 1850s and opened in 1854. It was originally built as an extension to the County Asylum in order to house private patients. It was to be known as The institution for ...

Tennis Courts, Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

The Wedgwood factory tennis courts, with Barlaston Hall in the background. In the raincoat is Frederick Maitland Wright, husband of 'Star' (Cecily Stella) Wedgwood (a direct descendant of Josiah Wedgwood ...

Tennis Team from Bostock's Shoe Factory, Stafford

Bostock's (which became Lotus in 1919) encouraged their employees to participate in sports and social activities. The firm's sports field was located near the factory on Sandon Road. A Welfare Superintendent ...

Tennis Team from Bostock's Shoe Factory, Stafford

Photograph taken on the factory sports field, before the building of Henry Street. The houses on the right are on Oxford Gardens. Bostock's (which became Lotus in 1919) encouraged their employees ...

Victoria Park Paddling Pool, Stafford,

The land between Izaak Walton Walk and the railway station was marshy and liable to flooding. In 1903 the Corporation bought the land and raised its level by three feet. The area was laid out as Victoria ...

1