Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 18 Records Found

A general view of Alvecote Colliery

Alvecote Colliery, Tamworth Brickworks and the Coventry canal can be seen in this photograph. Alvecote Colliery was known as Tamworth Colliery until 1948.

Amington Church, Tamworth

Photograph of Amington Church with the Green and Coventry Canal visible in the foreground.

Aqueduct Cottage, Tamworth

This building, since demolished, was Aqueduct Cottage which stood close to the aqueduct where the Coventry Canal crossed the River Tame many feet below.

Barlow's narrow boat, Glascote, Tamworth

On the Wharf at S. E. Barlow's Anchor Docks from left to right are, Mr Herbert Florendine, Mr Andrew Penny (foreman), and Mr S. E. Barlow. The gentleman in the boat, the Long Moll, on the far left is ...

Coventry Canal Aqueduct, Fazeley

The footbridge can be seen over the aqueduct with the Toll House cottage on the right.

Coventry Canal, Amington, Tamworth

Two butty boats breaking the ice on Coventry Canal. This view was taken looking from Hodge Lane Bridge.

Coventry Canal, Glascote, Tamworth

British Waterways narrowboats are seen here before receiving instructions to move on. S. E. Barlow's Anchor Docks and the Coventry Canal bridge at Glascote can be seen in the background.

Drayton house and swing bridge, Drayton Bassett

The swing bridge at Drayton Bassett going over Fazeley and Coventry Canal, with Drayton house to the right.

Fazeley and Coventry Canal Junction, Fazeley

Fazeley and Coventry Canal Junction, showing the bay windowed Junction House on the right. To the left is the Sturges shop with an advert for 'Bass Burton Ales' on the side of the building. Tolson's ...

Fishing in the Coventry canal, Amington, Tamworth

Amington main road and Bridge No 71 can be seen in the background. Bridge No 72 would have been directly behind the photographer, but it has since been demolished.

Fogg Cottages, Amington

The Fog Cottages at Amington are located beside the railway and accessed by a footpath from beside the Moor Lane railway bridge. This photograph was taken from the Coventry Canal bridge no 65 which is ...

General view of the Alvecote Works

General view of the Alvecote Works, which were called Tamworth Colliery up until 1948. Coventry Canal and Tamworth Colliery Brickworks can also be seen. This photograph was taken from the drying shed ...

Glascote Bottom Lock, Glascote, Tamworth

Glascote Bottom Lock House with, from left to right, Connie Bristoll, Arthur Crowshaw, Sarah Bristoll (nee Crowshaw), and Dora Crowshaw, standing in front of it. The canal is in the foreground, with the ...

Glascote Bottom Lock, Glascote, Tamworth

A pre World War One sepia photograph of Glascote Bottom Lock and House. The photograph shows Mrs Crowshaw in the distance, the Lock Keepers wife, with her three children in the foreground.

Hoo Mill Lock House, Ingestre

Hoo Mill Lock House stands on the Trent & Mersey Canal. Charlie Harper was the lock keeper at the time of this photograph.

Sketching party, Glascote canal, Glascote, Tamworth

Sketching Party, in S.E. Barlow Anchor works boat yard, Glascote. The canal goes to Amington to the right and Kettlebrook to the left. The 'Anchor row' terraced houses can be seen on the right, and ...

Tame Aqueduct, Fazeley, Tamworth

A view of the aqueduct which carries the Coventry Canal over the River Tame at Fazeley, just south of Tamworth. It was built in 1785-90 and the engineer was Thomas Sheasby. From the County Archaeology ...

The Junction House, Fazeley, Lichfield