Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 38 Records Found

Amington Youth Club, Tamworth

A Sausage supper of the Amington Youth Club, seen here with their Guest of Honor Mrs Barbara Castle (third from the left). Barbara Castle was Member of parliament for Blackburn between 1945 and 1979 ...

Annual Admiralty Inspection of Stoke on Trent Sea Cadet Corps

The Guard was founded by the Stone Sub Division. The Sea Cadets pictured are, from left to right: Petty Officer P.J.G Wilkins, unknown, Leading Seamen Graham Chesters, Bob Jenkins and Brian Gibbens. Looking ...

Armitage Youth Centre

Originally built as Armitage School, at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Road in the mid 19th century, it has been the home of Armitage Youth Centre since about 1975. The hall is also used by ...

Army Cadets Party, Stone

The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps, later the A.T.C., was founded in May 1941, with the help of Squadron-Leader H.C. (Claude) Cooksey. Stone Senior Council School was used as a centre, but the A.T.C. ...

Boys Brigade parade, High Steet, Eccleshall

Boys Brigade marching along Eccleshall High Street, with the Royal Oak Hotel in the background. The event pictured is probably the Oddfellows Parade which took place on Trinity Sunday.

Brocton Village Bazaar

Members of the Youth Club sample some of their home-brewed ginger beer which they sold at Brocton village bazaar on Saturday 7 December in the afternoon. Pictured are, from left to right: Bert Oakland, ...

Catholic Youth Club, Stafford

Members of Stafford Catholic Youth Club meeting in a classroom at St. Patrick’s Secondary Modern School. Serving refreshments is the club leader, Miss Betty Osborne. The club met on Monday evenings with ...

Codsall Air Training Corps (ATC) 2078 Squadron, Codsall

This photograph was taken to commemorate when the Codsall ATC 2078 Squadron won the Drill Cup. The Squadron Leader W.E. Law, is pictured in the centre. Pictured standing far left is Blythe and far ...

County Youth Orchestra, Stafford

Pictured rehearsing for their big day are, left to right: Stella Frotman, aged 12 of Silkmore Crescent, Stafford, Barry Wright aged 14 of Milford Road, Walton, Adrienne Roxburgh, aged 14 of School Lane, ...

Cub group outside Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

The photograph shows ten cub scouts seated in a ring, with one boy standing in the centre holding a pole. The cub leader is watching in the background.

Cubs at Keeper's Cottage, Sugnall, near Eccleshall

Back row (left to right): David Smith, Tony Caton (Cub), Barry Bates, Michiel Parner, Bryan Key, Peter Griffiths, Sylvia Griffiths, Mr. and Mrs. Leese, Pam Bates, Joan Painter, Eric Varnie. Front row: ...

Eccleshall's New Youth Club

Members of the newly formed Eccleshall Memorial Hall Youth Club are gathered around the piano enjoying a sing-song at the opening of the club in September 1956. About 40 young people between the ages ...

Girls' Training Corps, Stone

Stone Girls' Training Corps was founded by Mrs Wenger of Aston, Stone, who was also the commanding officer there. The headquarters were at the Stone Senior Council School in Old Road. In the back row, ...

Hitler youth at Tamworth Castle

Tamworth scouts with the Hitler Youth at Tamworth Castle, pictured on the upper lawns. On the middle row sixth from the left is Mr Kemper, with Mr David Argyle eighteenth from the left.

Junior Disco, Rugeley Youth Club

A Rugeley Times photograph (courtesy of the Birmingham Post).

Member of the Girls Training Corp, Stonefield Park, Stone

Mary Smith is pictured here in her Girls Training Corp uniform. Stone Girls Training Corp was founded by Mrs Wenger of Aston, Stone, who was also the commanding officer there. The headquarters were at ...

Methodist Youth Club Party, Stone

Back row: Derek Prosser (2nd from left), David Roycroft (3rd from right). Middle Row: Joan Darlington, unknown, Christine Johnson, Alice Cundy, Rosamund Griffith, Pauline Myatt. Front row, seated: ...

Old Theatre Royal in Pall Mall, Hanley

The old Theatre Royal was in Pall Mall. The camera is looking northwest along Pall Mall towards Marsh Street. The large building is the YMCA on the corner of Marsh Street and Clough Street. This became ...