Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 15 259 Records Found

A Caution! Notice from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Dispute over ideas Printed notice from James Keeling regarding an infringment of patent on his oven for firing pottery. It is well known OUR PATENT It seems that someone has copied his oven design ...

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Advertisement for the Bath Hotel, Stafford,

Advertisement for the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street, built in the 1890s. Baths Hotel later became Seamus O' Donell's Irish Bar which closed 2001 and in 2012 is now called The Tavern. The photograph ...

Advertisement for the Crown Inn, Stafford,

Handmade advertisement for the Crown Inn on Queensville, and Warners home brewed ale. The Crown changed its name to the Spittal Brook in 1999. The original advertisement belongs to Mr A.A. Chatfield, ...

Alfred Edward Carter, Saddler, 42 Market Place, Uttoxeter

Advertisement for Alfred Edward Carter, saddler, harness maker and cab proprietor.

Alfred Parker, Chemist, High Street, Uttoxeter

Advertisement for Alfred Parker, manufacturing pharmacist, optician, dentist, and practical photographic chemist, 9 High Street, Uttoxeter.

Averil's Entry, Stafford,

Averil's Entry runs between Greengate Street and St. Mary's Grove. Originally the passage came out by Averil's chemist shop, a fifteenth century building which was demolished in the 1960s. The Grove ...

Bamford's Agricultural Engineers advertisement

Bamfords was founded in 1871 in Uttoxeter by Henry Bamford and made water pumps, taps and agricultural machinery. Joseph Cyril Bamford split off from the Bamford company in 1945 to set up what has become ...

Bath Street, Stafford

This view from Earl Street, with the former Harris and Son's off-licence on Bath Street corner, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Centre right is the former Police Station and on the right ...

Baxters Butchers Shop, Sheridan Centre, Stafford

Baxters butchers shop formed part of the Sheridan Centre which was developed in the 1970s. In later years the centre was partly demolished and given a £5 million redevelopment which officially re-opened ...

Beer bottle label from the Bird-In-Hand Brewery, Hilderstone

Beer bottle label advertising T.H. Shelley Stout. The Bird and Hand Inn had its own malthouse and brewery. It was one of the last public houses in the county to brew its own beer. The Shelley family ...

Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is facing north along Bemersley Road from the end of Knypersley Road. This are is known as Cornhill, a name plate is just visible below the street sign on the wall of the shop to the right. ...

Bent's beer bottle label, Stone

Beer bottle label advertising Bent's Old Tom Strong Ale. Bent's Brewery was established in Newcastle-under-Lyme in the 1790s by William Bent. The business remained in Newcastle until 1936, when manufacture ...

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel on Albion Street, Hanley prior to restoration. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an important part of the heritage of the Potteries. It is an outstanding monument to the Methodist ...

Bill Head, A.L. Brown & Son, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated Bill head from A.L. Brown and Son, wholesale grocers, Albion Mill, Marsh Parade, Newcastle-under-Lyme. It is for goods purchased for the executors of the Duke of Sutherland's estates at Trentham ...

Bill Head, Albert Scott, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated Bill head from Albert Scott, Harness and Saddlery Establishment, Market Place, Newcastle-under-Lyme, for goods purchased by the Duke of Sutherland in December 1912. From the Sutherland papers, ...

Bill Head, George Taylor & Sons, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated bill head from George Taylor and Sons, plumbers and decorators, 8,9 and 15 Marsh Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, including an image of the shop. The bill is for work undertaken for the Duke ...

Bill Head, Henry White's, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated bill head from Henry White's Ladies' and Gentlemen's Outfitters of 6 Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme. It itemises shirts, sheets and counterpanes purchased by the Trustees of the Late Duke ...