Theme Explorer

Start Again > Costume & Textiles > Working Wear > Non-military Uniform
Page 1 of 19 325 Records Found

1st Yarnfield Scouts, Kibblestone

1st Yarnfield Scoutmasters at Kibblestone Scout Camp, near Stone. On the left is Mr Clark, with John Deag on the right. John Deag was Scoutmaster for 1st Yarnfield and was on the G.P.O. staff at Duncan ...

Advertisement for Evo-Stick Glue, Evode, Stafford

John Bennett pictured here as the 'The Canadian Mountie', was chosen to advertise Evo-Stik as the uniform has the same red and black colour scheme as the Evo-stik packaging. John Bennett Left Evode, ...

Aeroplane from a Flying Display, Stafford,

The pilot was Gustav Hamel, a pioneer aviator, who performed a flying display over Lammascote Fields at the request of Stafford Town Council. His monoplane was brought to Stafford by train and taken ...

Alstonefield Band

Back row, left to right: Frank Austin, unknown, unknown, Robin Beresford of Mill Dale?, Johnny Slater, unknown, unknown. Front row, left to right: Tommy Bimball, unknown, Ted Austin, Ralph Manifold, ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Army Recruits at Colwich Station,

Army recruits at Colwich Railway Station awaiting departure. They are accompanied by a local councillor and a police constable. The alternate image is a digitally colourised version of the image.

Austin's and Happy Days Coaches, Stafford

This Coach FV 6567 was an AEC Regal with Burlingham coach body new in 1949 to Austin's as their fleet number 46. As this was delivered new to Austin's it must have been registered by the bodybuilders, ...

Auxillary Fire Service, Pattingham

Back row (L-R): Norman Harris, Len Handy, Harold Ray, Charlie Law, Bevill Bentley, Bill Smith, Stan Bentley, Tom Price, John Strong, Charlie Pritchard, Herbert Tooth, ?. Seated (L-R): ?, ?, ?, ?, Jim ...

Band, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone,

The parade is seen here crossing the bridge on Radford Street, towards Oulton Road.

Bass & Co. Firemen, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

A group of Bass & Co. firemen posed in front of the Bass No.2 Fire Engine, Merryweather Steamer. The three men in the centre of the front row wearing peaked hats and double epaulets are the superintendent ...

Bass Shire horses visit to Holy Trinity C.E.(C) Primary School, Burton

This photograph was taken on the school playground during a visit from two of the Bass Shire horses. The school has four school teams, each of which is named after one of the four Bass Shires. Those ...

Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital, Ward 1

This picture shows children outside the hospital wards in the summer time, when they were nursed in the fresh air. The house was given originally to Stoke-on-Trent council, but after a short period it ...

Blood donors, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A new use was found for the sports pavilion at the Stafford factory of Lotus Ltd., which was usually the venue for many social functions. This picture presented an unusual scene when a mobile unit from ...

Blue Girl Guides Cap, 1990s

The Girls Guides started as a side organisation from the Boy Scouts. Lord Robert Baden-Powell set up a camp for boys in 1907 at Brownsea Island in Dorset to test his scouting ideas. By 1908 girls started ...

Borough War Memorial, Stafford,

Laying wreaths by the Borough War Memorial on Victoria Square, Mayoral Sunday, 1945. The mayor is Mr H. Wallace-Copeland. The Borough War Memorial was unveiled in 1922 in memory of the Stafford men ...

Bratt & Dyke's shop window, Stafford,

School uniform window display, Bratt & Dyke's, Greengate Street.

Brewhouse, Trentham Hall,

View taken from the entrance to the coach yard. The brewhouse is on the left, with the poultry house to the right. The brewhouse also contained the bakehouse and laundry. Most country houses had a ...