Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 44 Records Found

A view from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking north east from the end of Vicarage Road at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The middle of the photograph is dominated by the gas holders and buildings of Etruria ...

Barclay's Bank, Armitage

The Armitage branch of Barclays Bank which stood on New Road. It was unusual for a village of Armitage's size to have a bank, but this was probably due to the presence of a large workforce at the nearby ...

Brizlincote Valley housing development, Burton-upon-Trent

The Brizlincote Valley development with Drakelow C power station in the background. A new parish of Brizlincote was created in 2003 in a response to new housing estates boosting the population in this ...

Construction of Rugeley 'A' Power Station

A photograph showing the construction of Rugeley 'A' Power Station and Lea Hall colliery. The chimney and half clad boiler house are the power station and the lower concrete buildings behind the cottage ...

Construction of Rugeley 'B' Power Station

Construction of Rugeley's 'B' 1000mW Power Station began in 1965 and was completed in 1972. The power station closed in June 2016 and is currently (2019) being demolished. It is said typically to have ...

Electricity sub-station at Wilnecote, Tamworth

Tamworth 132kV Electricity Sub-Station under construction at Wilnecote. A Charles Creighton crane is lifting pipework . The signs on the transformer read: 'Yorkshire Electric Transformer Co. Ltd. Dewsbury.' ...

Electricity Wiring and Generating Plant, Stafford,

Interior view of the electrical wiring and generation plant which opened on Bull Hill in 1895. Note the Electrical Engineer John Somerville Highfield on the left and manual worker on the right.

Electricity Works, Stafford,

The electricity works on Bull Hill opened in 1895. The low building to the right of the three-windowed house still exists on the corner of Chell Road. The chimney was demolished in May 1966.

English Electric Co. at Meaford Power Station

A visit by the English Electric Co. Stafford, Engineering Society, to Meaford Generating Station. The much smaller 'A' station opened in 1947 and ceased generation in 1974 and was demolished in 1982. 'B' ...

Goodwin's Potters Millers on the Caldon Canal, Hanley

George Goodwin & Sons Westwood Mills site on the banks of the Caldon Canal just off Lichfield Street in the Eastwood area of Hanley. The company was founded in 1848 and had mills at Consall and Cheddleton. ...

Hanley power station.

Hanley power station supplied the town with all its power from 1894. After the Federation in 1910 power was also supplied to Newcastle. Much of this load was taken off Hanley power station after construction ...

Last day of generation at Meaford B Power Station

Watch on Youtube
 Youtube Video

This video is a record of the last day of generation at Meaford B Power Station. The video includes a short film of one of the Meaford locomotives saved for preservation and now preserved at the Foxfield ...

Lea Hall Garage, Rugeley

Photograph shows Lea Hall Garage in the foreground. Rugeley 'B' power station under construction in the distance. The Trent and Mersey canal runs immediately behind the garage. Photograph taken by ...

Lea Hall Garage, Rugeley

Photograph taken from Thorn Automation office block, showing Lea Hall Garage and showroom in the foreground. Rugeley 'A' Power Station can be seen in the background on the right, with its large 'dry' ...

Leek Road, Hanley

This was the view along Leek Road towards the Joiner's Square roundabout. Palmerston Street is going off to the right. The next road down is Westmill Street. The chimneys in the centre belonged to ...

Looking over Hanley Park towards Mossfield and Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the corner of Lawrence Street, looking south east towards the gates into Hanley Park on the corner of College Road and Cleveland Road. In the distance are the two spoil ...

Meaford 'B' Power Station, Stone

An aerial view taken during the construction of the coal powered electricity generating power station Meaford 'B'. 'B' station which was formally opened on 4/10/1957. Generation started in December ...

Meaford Power Station

Meaford 'A' power station came into operation in November 1947 and ceased generation in 1974. Meaford 'B' closed in September 1990.