Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 35 Records Found
12

Berkswich Village Hall, Walton-on-the-Hill,

Berkswich Village Hall was built in 1931 on Green Gore Lane, off Lichfield Road. Funds were raised by public subscription and the land was provided by the late Mrs D.R. Haszard of Milford Hall. The ...

Bible Class, Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

Reverend Pitman is pictured with a group of Bible Class attendees.

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bucknall Parish Church Hall, Werrington Road, Bucknall

The old church hall has been renamed the Marychurch Centre and is also the Parish Office. Built between the late 1950s and the early 60s, the hall stands on the north side of Werrington Road. It is the ...

Building the Memorial Hall Extension, Hixon,

The Memorial Hall was built in 1926 on High Street to commemorate the Hixon men killed in the First World War. Sir Harry Lauder, the Scottish comedian and singer, contributed to the building fund when ...

Burslem Spiritualist Church, 66-68 Moorland Road, Burslem

This photograph shows the front of Burslem Spiritualist Church which was built between 1878 and 1900. It is a two storey building with a dormer gable and a small turret. The ground floor has a door set ...

Burslem Sunday School

Burslem Suday School was built in 1836 on the corner of Westport Road and Hall Street. Closed in January 1977, a fire caused widespread damage in 1983. Beyond repair, the main body was demolished in ...

Catholic Church, Stoke On Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

Catholic Church interior, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Chamberlain Avenue from London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along Chamberlain Avenue from its junction with London Road, Boothen. The tree-lined road climbs steeply up to Hunters Way. The houses on the left beyond the Assembly Hall were built between ...

Church Hall, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This single storey rectangular building was construced in red flemish brickwork. The decorated tiled roof has ornanteridge tiling and coping stones on the gable front. Many of the original entrances and ...

Cobridge Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Cobridge Hall stands on Grange Street in Burslem, which was formerly known as Grange Lane. It is believed to have been constructed between 1775 and 1799, with later additions between 1832 and 1878, 1878 ...

Cobridge Hall, Waterloo Road, Cobridge

Cobridge Hall stands on the corner of Waterloo Road and Grange Street. It is attached to St Peter's Presbytery (behind). In the 1850s it was the site of a Roman Catholic School and later St Peter's Church ...

Cub group outside Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

The photograph shows ten cub scouts seated in a ring, with one boy standing in the centre holding a pole. The cub leader is watching in the background.

Gardening class, Clifton Campville

Boys from Clifton School busy gardening, with rows of what look like kale and cabbages. In the background, to the right is the spire of St. Andrew’s Church. St. Andrew's Church of England Primary ...

Girl Guides and Brownies, Stone

Congregational Church (St. John's) Girl Guides and Brownies meeting at the Congregational Church Hall, which stood at the rear of what is now St. John's Methodist Reformed Church on Granville Terrace. ...

Group outside Holy Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Lane, Codsall

Possibly a mothers and toddlers group meeting. Holy Trinity Church (formerly Trinity Free Church and School) moved to a new building at Histons Hill in 1967.

Guider and cub leader outside Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

The guider (on the left) is Miss Wakeling and the cub leader (on the right) is Miss Blackburn.

Hednesford Parish Church Bazaar

Group of ladies and girls at the "Clematis stall", St. Peter's Parish Church Bazaar.

12