Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 28 Records Found
12

Archford Moor Mission Hut, Alstonefield

The Archford Moor Mission Hut was opened on 30 August 1901. This photograph was probably taken after its refurbishment in 1937. It has since fallen into disrepair.

Assembly Hall, Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on trent

The photograph was taken on the corner of London Road and Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on Trent. In 1912 a group of unsectarian Christians set up an Assembly Hall in Welch Street in Stoke upon Trent, and ...

Bishops Offley

Looking west along Dorley Road, Bishops Offley. On the immediate left is the Mission Room. The timber-framed house on the right is Coachman's Cottage. A postcard view published by E.J. Hurlstone, ...

Bishops Offley, Eccleshall

Village view, showing the Brown Jug Inn to the right. On the left is the Mission Room.

Brocton Mission Hall,

The Mission Hall opened in 1891. The building was also used as a schoolroom. In 1951 the hall was dedicated to All Saints.

Brocton Village

View from The Green looking down towards Chase Road. On the left, just out of sight, was the smithy; a horse-drawn cart is awaiting repair. On the right is Green Farm.

Brocton. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Brocton, Staffordshire. The building on the left is Brocton Mission Hall.

Brown Jug Inn, Bishops Offley

A postcard view looking west along Dorley Road, Bishops Offley. On the right is the Brown Jug Inn and on the left is a glimpse of the Mission Room.

Congregational Chapel, Millrise Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

View west along Millrise Road (originally Market Street) from Leek Road/Baddeley Green Road (A5009) corner. The large building on the left was Millrise Congregational Chapel, later used as a Free Gospel ...

Hanley Salvation Army Citadel, Glass Street, Hanley

The Salvation Army Citadel stands in Glass Street in Hanley. Opened in 1903, this building is the third of the Salvation Army's Hanley places of worship. The buildings closer to the camera belonged to ...

Lady Burton, Burton upon Trent

Lady Burton with a bouquet of flowers at the Railway Mission Hall , Moor Street, Burton upon Trent. Harriett Georgina Bass (1831-1941), daughter of Edward Thornewill of the Thornewill engineering ...

Lady Burton, Rangemore

Harriett Georgina Bass (1831-1941), daughter of Edward Thornewill of the Thornewill engineering company of Burton-upon-Trent. She married Michael Arthur Bass, Lord Bass, in 1869. She was born at Park ...

Lady Burton, Yoxall

Lady Burton opening Yoxall Parish Hall in 1905. Harriett Georgina Bass (1831-1941), daughter of Edward Thornewill of the Thornewill engineering company of Burton-upon-Trent. She married Michael Arthur ...

Ladywell Road, Tunstall

At the time of the photograph, this was the eastern end of Sneyd Street, which was renamed Ladywell Road in the 1950s. The photograph was taken looking north west near the corner of Wesley Street. On ...

May Queen, Rowley Street, Methodist Hall, Stafford

In the absence of the traditional village green, the Rowley Street Methodist Church Hall, with its attractive decorations of streamers and flags, provided an excellent substitute for the crowning of the ...

Methodist Central Hall, Longton

This is the main entrance to Methodist Central Hall on the Strand (previously Stafford Street) in Longton. Methodism dates back to the 1780s in Longton, by 1842 a large chapel had been built in Stafford ...

Post Office and Jubilee Memorial, Rudyard

A view of Rudyard village, looking northwards along Lake Road to the junction with Whorrocks Bank. To the right is the Post Office. In the distance, at the junction, can be seen the Jubilee Stone which ...

Salvation Army Citadel, Fountain Street, Fenton

The Salvation Army Citadel was in Fountain Street, near the corner with Hitchman Street. This building replaced a chapel in Canning Street in 1912. The building still stands, but with a different use.

12