Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 19 337 Records Found

Acton Hill Farm, Acton Trussell

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north from above Tenterbanks.To the left is the River Sow, Broad Eye and the windmill. Stafford Gaol, on Gaol Road, can be seen in the top right hand corner. Copyright and ownership of ...

Aerial view of Stoke on Trent

An aerial view of part of Stoke on Trent. The railway can be seen running across the middle of the photograph, with the station to the left. The Trent and Mersey Canal is in front of the railway line. ...

Aerial view of Tutbury Plaster Mill

The old cotton mill at Tutbury was adapted in 1890 to crush and grind locally mined gypsum to make plaster. It had a direct rail link to the North Staffordshire Railway branch line between Uttoxeter and ...

Albion Street Mill, Leek

Built c1829, the mills along Albion Street are three storey buildings with sixteen bays. Prior to the construction of the mills, workers' cottages were built in both Albion and King Street to accommodate ...

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Alton Mill

A watermill on this site is recorded in mid 16th century documents. Thomas Patten & Co. began manufacturing brass wire and pins here in 1734. From 1828 it operated as either a flint, colour or paper ...

An engraving of Tamworth Castle

An engraving of a painting of Tamworth Castle by G. Samuel. The Georgian refaced South wing, Castle Mills, and Parish Church are also visible. Lady Bridge can be seen on the extreme left of the engraving. ...

At Wetton Mill

The mill and kiln house shown here were built in 1711 to replace an earlier mill. Wetton Mill Bridge cost £184 to build in about 1810, and was paid for by the The Duke of Devonshire after the earlier ...

Bedford Street Lock and Mellor's Millers on the Caldon Canal, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the Bedford Street Locks (locks 1 and 2) looking north along the Caldon Canal towards Mellor' Mills wharf and works. The canal bends sharply round to the left towards the ...

Beffcote Mill, Gnosall,

Beffcote Mill was in existence by the 1830s, but by 1888 was used as a dwelling. The building then lay derelict for sixty years until its conversion into a modern house in 1971, known as 'The Coffee ...

Biddulph Watermill

Pencil and wash drawing by Great Haywood born artist, Thomas Peploe Wood (1817-1845) showing the Biddulph Mill.

Big Mill, Mill Street, Leek

Wardle & Davenport's Big Mill on Mill Street, Leek. The Big Mill was built in 1857 to designs by William Sugden. It was first occupied by Joseph Broster in 1858. The silk manufacturing firm of Wardle ...

Bindley & Co. Ltd., New Street, Burton-on-Trent

View of the brewhouse from the cooperage yard.

Blithfield - Wych Elm : etching

Wych Elm at Bagot's Mill. Artist: J. G. Strutt.

Blythe Bridge Mill, Kingstone

Blythe Bridge Mill, Kingstone near Uttoxeter. This Mill was owned by Mr. Duffin, a Derby Corn Agent, and tenanted by Ernest and Annie Fisher in the early 1920s. The 17th century timber-framed house ...

Blythe Bridge Mill, Kingstone

The 17th century timber-framed house and early 19th century Gothic-style mill building are both Grade II listed.

Blythe Bridge Mill, Kingstone

The 17th century timber-framed house and early 19th century Gothic-style mill building are both Grade II listed.