Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 53 944 Records Found

3 Market Place, Cannock

A postcard showing the rear of 3 Market Place (Church Street), Cannock with a man and woman in doorway and Croquet hoops in the lawn. It is postmarked Cannock, 1909. This house was later Lloyds Bank ...

59-61 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for Lonsdale Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968.

65-67 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

69-71 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

73-77 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. On the right is I. Stanejko's boot and shoe repair shop and above there is an advertising sign for Cherry Blossom shoe polish. All ...

81-87 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

A Bedroom and Sitting Room at Wootton Lodge

Looking through an arch from one of the bedrooms to a small sitting room at Wootton Lodge. Photographed by Country Life in March 1959. Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting lodge by Sir Richard Fleetwood ...

A general view of Rugeley

A postcard view of Rugeley. The photograph was taken from the St. Augustine's church tower looking south towards Stile Cop on the horizon. At the right is Anson Street: the small timber-framed building ...

A view of Speedwell Castle

Speedwell Castle was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have been built in around 1750 by William Rock.

Acton Trussell Church

A postcard view of St. James Church which was originally built in 1212. The tower dates from the late 13th century and the small recessed spire was added in 1562. It was enlarged and rebuilt in 1869 under ...

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Agricultural Event, Ingestre Hall,

Ingestre Hall was built by Sir Walter Chetwynd in 1613. By the eighteenth century it had been acquired by the Talbots, who remodelled parts of the hall in the early 1800s. The Talbots became the Earls ...

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

Albion Place, Stafford,

These houses on Albion Place were demolished by 1965 and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984.

Alfred Lees Gents' Outfitters, Eccleshall,

Alfred Lees' gents outfitters was on the corner of Castle Street and Stone Road (formerly Chebsey Lane). The building is now the restaurant of the George Hotel.

All Saints Church and graveyard, Dilhorne

Assorted styles of 18th and 19th century memorials can be seen in the graveyard surrounding the church. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of ...

All Saints' Church interior, Dilhorne

The interior of the chancel. Pevsner stated "the chancel is late-medieval but over-restored (by Christian)' and described the oak altar rail as 'Jacobean'. The church contains a list of vicars ...