Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > Sports & Physical Education
Page 1 of 7 112 Records Found

Alleyne's Grammar School cross country runners, Stone

This large group includes: Roger Cratchley, Gordon Geddington, Michael Lane, Dan Rutter, Derek Slinn, Ken Deakin, Eddie Derbyshire, Roger Bigham, John Lloyd, Michael Buck, David Jones, Noel Banks, Tony ...

Alleyne's Grammar School football team, Stone

Standing, left to right: Mr. Scott (Art teacher and coach), Geoff Richardson, Peter Bourne, Eddie Varney, Nigel Ball, John Lloyd, Eddie Derbyshire, John White (Head Boy and linesman). Front row: Denis ...

Alleyne's Grammar School football team, Uttoxeter

Alleyne's Grammar School, Uttoxeter 1st XI football team for the match versus Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone. Front row (left to right): Ward, Dickenson, White, Goodwin, Waldron, P. Walker (linesman). Back ...

Alleyne's Grammar School Tennis team, Stone

Back row (left to right): Miss K. Heron (Coach and mathematics teacher); Roger Cratchley, Nigel Ball, Mr. Scott (Coach and teacher). Front row: Eddie Derbyshire, John White, John Lloyd, Peter Bland, ...

Boxing Group, Stafford Grammar School

This image appeared in the Staffordshire Chronicle, dated Saturday March 30th 1946. It shows the newly formed Boxing Club at King Edward VI Grammar School, in front of the 1928 extension. Front row ...

Boxing match, Denstone College

Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in a Gothic style. The Chapel was built in 1879-87 and the ...

Boys at Eccleshall Secondary Modern School

Photograph of a group of boys sitting on two vaulting horses, Eccleshall Secondary Modern School, Shaws' Lane, Eccleshall. The school is now Eccleshall Community Centre.

Boys Football Team, Codsall Secondary School

Teacher on the right was Jim Mansell and the teacher on the left was Mr A. Smeaton. Boy' names are unknown.

Bradley Street Infants School, Uttoxeter

Bradley Street Infants School pupils' sack race. Photograph taken by Elizabeth Rees who was a teacher at the school at the time. The school was closed in 1970 and parts of the school were demolished, ...

Bradley Street Infants School, Uttoxeter

Pupils at play on a climbing frame. The girl on the right wearing the crossover staps holding onto the climbing frame is Rita Aston (nee Crutchley. Photograph taken by Elizabeth Rees who was a teacher ...

Bradley Street Infants School, Uttoxeter

Pupils at play. Photograph taken by Elizabeth Rees who was a teacher at the school at the time. The school was demolished in about 1970.

Bradley Street Infants School, Uttoxeter

Bradley Street infants' egg and spoon race. Photograph taken by Elizabeth Rees who was a teacher at the school at the time. The school was closed in 1970 and parts of the school were demolished, ...

Bradley Street Infants School, Uttoxeter

Photograph taken by Elizabeth Rees who was a teacher at the school at the time. The school was demolished in about 1970.

Brereton School football team

Back row (left to right): Mr Sam Edwards (the School Master), L. Perrin, K. Watkiss and N. Thomson, unknown teacher. Front row: J. Watkiss, H Birch, J. Walker, C. Bushnell, L. Hall This photograph ...

Brereton Senior School Football Team

Brereton Senior School’s successful football team is pictured with the Forrester’s Schoolboys Cup. L-R back: Jim Large, A Battium (Teacher), C Handley, S. Mobberley, H Sanders, N Mitchell and Sam ...

Broom Street School, Hanley. Circa 1950

A boys PE lesson at Broom Street School. Exercise and play areas were small, the girls and infants being given even less space than the boys.

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...

Canoeing, Denstone College

Two boys in a canoe in the swimming pool at Denstone College, practising a roll. Building at Denstone College was begun in 1868 and it opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed ...