Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 17 302 Records Found

A general view of Rugeley

This image was almost certainly taken from the north elevation of 15 Ashleigh Rd Pear Tree Estate. When the Photograph was taken, it would have been fields and farmland. The White gates on the extreme ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View of Stafford from the south, with Brunswick Terrace and the offices and workshops of the Midlands Electricity Board filling the bottom left hand corner of the image. Friars Terrace is at the middle ...

Aerial view of Stoke-on-Trent

An aerial view of part of Stoke on Trent. Stoke Railway Station and the North Stafford Hotel can be seen top centre. St. peter's Church is just right of centre on the middle of the photograph. The Spode ...

Aerial view of Tamworth Railway Station

An aerial view of Tamworth Railway Station showing the railway junction of the high and low levels of track. The high level line was the Birmingham to Derby (later the Midland) railway, opened in 1839, ...

Alton Railway Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station and Churnet Valley

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station and Churnet Valley

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a luggage ...

Alton Station

Alton Station, looking towards Denstone. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and in 1892 had a luggage lift to hoist the Earl's baggage ...

Alton station

A train hauled by Fowler 4P locomotive number 42331(?) arrives at a flooded Alton station during the 1950s. The location of the station, on a valley floor and next to the River Churnet, meant that ...

Alton station

Alton station, Staffordshire, in the 1970s. It is built in the classic Italianate style, and possibly designed by H.A. Hunt, the architect who designed Stoke-on-Trent station. After closure in the ...

Alton station

Alton station, Staffordshire, 1968. During the Second World War army, navy and air force officers would have used this station during their training visit to Alton Towers. Imagine this station ...

Alton station

Alton station, Staffordshire, around 1958. Coaches stand at the third platform whilst a through train works the "up" line. Alton castle stands on the hillside above. This image is included by kind ...

Alton Station. Circa 1910.

A rather dapper young gentleman takes a seat on the "down" platform at Alton Station around 1910. The station appears to be very quiet; perhaps this was a posed shot taken on a Sunday morning? This ...

Alton Towers Special, Rocester

A British Railways Fowler 2-6-4 locomotive approaches Rocester station with an Alton Towers six-coach special in the late 1950s. After the Second World War the village of Rocester was chosen for the ...

Alton Towers Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a luggage ...

Armitage Railway Station

The two guards look in the direction of the photographer while a steam train is arriving at Armitage Station. Also on the platform on the right are a large quantity of milk churns. This image is taken ...

Army volunteer recruits, Stafford

Army volunteer recruits pictured outside the London and North Western Railway Parcels Receiving Office in Stafford in about 1914.