Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Garages & Petrol Stations
Page 1 of 10 167 Records Found

459 Watling Street, Tamworth

This house was built by Charles Smith senior, using salvaged doors, windows etc. from Drayton Manor.

A.J. Fryer, Uttoxeter Carnival

A.J. Fryer (Arthur), owner of Fryer's garage on Derby Road, at the 1936 Uttoxeter Carnival. The car he is driving is a half size scale model with round plates advertising 'FRYERS FOR VAUXHALLS'. The ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Apex Garage, Birmingham Road, Lichfield

The Apex Garage on the Birmingham Road just south of Lichfield. There are ten different hand-cranked pumps, all dispensing different brands or grades of petrol. Image courtesy of Lichfield Heritage ...

Arthur Myatt at Myatt's Garage, Stone

Arthur Reginald Myatt, proprietor of Myatt's Garage on Longton Road, Stone, in the garage workshop. The site is now (2007) occupied by William Jones Motors.

Ashbourne Road, Leek

This street was formerly known as London Road, taking its exisiting name in the early 1900s. At the start of the nineteenth century the fairly rapid expansion of the town saw new buildings along the ...

Ashwood Road, Fenton

Photograph shows the north side of the road. This area has now been developed into new housing.

Ashwood Road, Fenton

Photograph shows the north side of the road. This area has now been developed into new housing.

Aston Garage, Aston-by-Stone

This vehicle advertisement for Aston Garage at Aston near Stone, features a Ford Prefect and a Ford Anglia and mentions other Ford models for their outstanding economy in the days of petrol rationing. This ...

Atkeys garage, Carter Street, Uttoxeter

View of the forecourt of Atkey's garage, which still occupied this premises in 1987. There are covered petrol pumps and the showroom is glass-fronted. Sir Albert Atkey of Nottingham established A. ...

Atkey's garage, Uttoxeter

An Austin A40 Devon pictured at Atkey's garage in Carter Street, Uttoxeter. The A40 Devon was manufactured by Austin between 1947 and 1952, before being replaced by the A40 Somerset.

Austin's bus, Stafford

This Austin's bus LRE 1 was a Guy Arab II with Weymann double deck body, new in January 1945 as fleet number 65. There was also an identical Bus LRE 2 as fleet number 66. These were probably built to ...

Auto Electrical Services, Wolverhampton Road, Stafford

Pictured is the Auto Electrical Services Garage facing the A449, Wolverhampton Road at the junction with Rickerscote Road. The garage specialised in electrical work and the English Electric Co. in Stafford ...

Baddeley Green Motor Co, Stoke-on-Trent

Baddeley Green Motor Co, an art deco building at the junction of Baddeley Green Lane and Leek New Road. This building has since been replaced by a large modern filling station. This photograph is taken ...

Bailey's Garage, Stafford,

Bailey's Garage was on Lichfield Road. The garage later became Attwood's.

Barker & Shenton garage, Walton, Stone

The former Barker and Shenton garage on the A34 by the Walton roundabout at Stone. It is now (2006) the Shell petrol station.

Bill Head, Stephens & Co., Trent Vale

Illustrated bill head from Stephens and Co, Trent Vale Motor Works, including a photograph of the interior of the motor works. It is dated 3 June 1916 and is for the purchase of petrol by the Building ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

This postcard view is largely unrecognisable today. Looking from St John Street with Bird Street straight ahead over the junction with Bore Street (signed to Burton on Trent) on the right. As can be seen, ...