Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Construction & Demolition
Page 1 of 17 304 Records Found

A Cottage on the Lichfield Road, Stafford

This view of a roofless cottage which stood opposite Green Hall on Lichfield Road, Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The buildings on the left are part of the St. Joseph's Convent ...

Aerial view of Henry Venables Ltd., Stafford

Henry Venables founded his timber business in Foregate Street, next to Bostock’s shoe manufactory. He made wooden packing cases for the export of shoes. He was born in Stafford in 1827 and had been working ...

Albion Street, Longton

Albion Street under demolition. Photograph taken looking towards St. James's Schools.

Alexander Scrivener

Alerxander Scrivener (1852-1921) was an architect and partner of R. Scrivener & Sons. Their offices and family home stood on Wellesley Street, Shelton, Stoke on Trent. He was a member of the North Staffordshire ...

Alliance Street, Rear View, Stafford,

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Anchor Pottery, Longton

Demolition of a bottle oven at Sampson Bridgwood's Anchor Pottery in Goddard Street in the East Vale area of Longton. These are hovel ovens where the oven stands in the centre of a separate circular ...

Balance Street, Uttoxeter

Demolition of property at the junction of Market Street and Balance Street in Uttoxeter in the 1960s. The demolished building was replaced by a Arthur Birch's Bookmaker's shop. It now (April 2011) houses ...

Bank House, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Photograph of Bank House formerly the home of the Fenton family now demolished.

Barlaston Hall Housing Estate under Construction,

The present Wedgwood pottery factory was built 1938 - 1940 on the Barlaston estate, purchased from the Broughton-Adderley family in 1936. The move from the old works at Etruria only took place in 1950, ...

Barton Land Home for the Elderly, Barlaston,

Barton Land under repair; builders are replacing the roof tiles. The nineteenth century building was formerly known as Upper House and was the home of the Barton- Land family. The house was bequeathed ...

Beffcote Mill, Gnosall,

Beffcote Mill was in existence by the 1830s, but by 1888 was used as a dwelling. The building then lay derelict for sixty years until its conversion into a modern house in 1971, known as 'The Coffee ...

Bells Hollow, Chesterton

Photograph of Bell's Hollow 'Jolly Potter' site. Bungalow footings on the site of a 19th Century salt-glaze kiln.

Beverley Drive, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows part of Beverley Drive under construction. When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war housing estate in Europe. It was a self-contained township in its own right ...

Beverley Drive, Willfield, Bentilee

This photograph shows part of Beverley Drive under construction. When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war housing estate in Europe. It was a self-contained township in its own right ...

Bricklayers, Stafford,

Three workmen at 10 Greengate Street. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Bridge Street Multi-Storey Car Park, Stafford

Bridge Street multi-storey car park during the early stages of its demolition. When the building opened there was a Tesco Supermarket on the ground floor. The supermarket later relocated to a new ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Herbert Chatfield occupied the house behind the shops, which were probably owned by his family. Shops include Julia's Bake Shop. The building was demolished shortly afterwards and the building which ...