Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 25 435 Records Found

A Cottage on the Lichfield Road, Stafford

This view of a roofless cottage which stood opposite Green Hall on Lichfield Road, Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The buildings on the left are part of the St. Joseph's Convent ...

A general view of Rugeley

A postcard view of Rugeley. The photograph was taken from the St. Augustine's church tower looking south towards Stile Cop on the horizon. At the right is Anson Street: the small timber-framed building ...

A view of Aldergate Street, Tamworth

The passage way in between the buildings once led to Ernest George Edmund Soles' slaughter house. In 2003 the Tamworth Times was located here.

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial view of Penkridge

In the centre of this aerial view postcard is Penkridge Market taken on a market day. The market was established in 1978 and is held on Wednesdays and Saturdays, it remains (November 2021) a feature of ...

Aerial view of Wordsworth Avenue, Stafford

Wordsworth Avenue, looking south, part of the Highfields Estate on the western side of Stafford.

Albion Street, Longton

Albion Street under demolition. Photograph taken looking towards St. James's Schools.

Albion Street, Longton

Looking South towards Normacot Road. The houses are being demolished. Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Alton Village

A quiet scene in Alton near to the junction of Cheadle Road, Horse Road and Knight Lane looking north. This postcard view was published by William Shaw, Burslem.

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A postcard view of the Post Office, Anson Street, Rugeley. This postcard was published by G. Frith, Horse Fair Post Office, Rugeley. William Augustus 'Gus' Frith was a stationer, sub-postmaster and ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard scene is a Staffordshire County Library reprint of an old postcard. It shows the War Memorial in Anson Street looking towards the Market Square. On the left is the Palace Theatre and ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view looks northeast along Anson Street to the tower of St. Augustine’s church in the distance. The building on the left is Rugeley Police Station. This postcard was published by G. ...

Approaching Dove Bridge from Uttoxeter

A new bridge was built to carry the A50 over the River Dove. The old bridge, which dates from the 14th century, no longer carries road traffic and is now a footpath. This view is looking towards Doveridge ...

Ash Green, Trentham

A postcard view of a quiet scene at Ash Green, with the A34, Stone Road (left to right) and by the motor car is the Longton Road junction. On the right are cottages which still stand, although now hidden ...

Ash Green, Trentham

A postcard view of Ash Green looking west from Longton Road towards the junction with the A34, Stone Road (left to right). In the centre distance is the boundary wall of the Trentham Estate. Over the ...

At a Meeting - Document from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Post in the Potteries - 1801 In 1801 a national postal system using a fleet of coaches was growing in coverage but still did not directly serve the Potteries. Many towns and cities not served by ...