Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Wrought & Cast Iron Work
Page 1 of 12 201 Records Found

Albert Hall Cinema, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Albert Terrace, Wolstanton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Albert Terrace, Wolstanton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The scene includes a child holding a basket. A horse and cart can be seen in the background.

Anderton Boat Lift, Northwich

The Anderton Boat Lift is a two caisson lift lock near the village of Anderton, Cheshire, in north-west England. It provides a 50-foot (15.2 m) vertical link between two navigable waterways: the River ...

Anglo-Zulu War Memorial, Lichfield Cathedral

Detail of the wrought iron screen commemorating the men of the 80th (South Staffordshire) Regiment who fell in the Sekukuni and Zulu Campaigns in South Africa, 1878-1879. The memorial comprises five inscribed ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view was published by G. Frith, Horse Fair Post Office, Rugeley. At the end of the street on the left (just behind the motor car) there is a glimpse of the Penny Bank and adjacent Town ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view looks northeast along Anson Street to the tower of St. Augustine’s church in the distance. The building on the left is Rugeley Police Station. This postcard was published by G. ...

Aqueduct Cottage, Tamworth

This building, since demolished, was Aqueduct Cottage which stood close to the aqueduct where the Coventry Canal crossed the River Tame many feet below.

Argyll Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Argyll Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Armitage Railway Station

The two guards look in the direction of the photographer while a steam train is arriving at Armitage Station. Also on the platform on the right are a large quantity of milk churns. This image is taken ...

Ashton Frost pumping engine , Mill Meece Pumping Station

Mill Meece Pumping Station was built by Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks Company between 1912 and 1928 to supplement the water supply to the Potteries. Seen here is a horizontal compound tandem rotary ...

Bandstand, Trentham Gardens

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a group of children and cyclists. Taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Betley Court

Betley Court was built in 1716 for John Craddock. It was later considerably altered by John Nash in about 1809 and the large porch is a 20th century addition designed by Douglas Caroe. From the mid ...

Blacksmith's workshop, Mayfield

This smithy at 22 Wallash, Mayfield belonged to the Woodward family from 1805 and worked until Charles Woodward retired in 1965. Many of these tools were made by Mr Woodward and his father. It was collected ...

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Boiler Stokers, Derby Oxide Colour Works, Rugeley

Workers stoking boilers with coal at the Derby Oxide Colour works which was situated on the River Trent at Colton Mill, Rugeley. The 'Lancashire' boiler was made by Edwin Danks and Co. of Oldbury and ...

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.