Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 46 822 Records Found

50000th Reliant Regal

Tom Scott, the Managing Director of Reliant is seen here at a presentation to mark the 50000th Reliant Regal. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 when Mr T.L. Williams decided to build his ...

6th Battalion North Staffords in France

Members of the 6th Battalion North Staffords are seen here posing for their photograph with civilians from the town.

A factory tour at Reliant

Charlie Courier, the factory manager, can be seen on the left giving a tour of the factory. A production line of Reliant Regals can be seen behind them. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 ...

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

Abbot Beyne High School, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent

The Linell Building of Abbot Beyne High School on Osborne Street, Winshill which houses 15 to 18 year old pupils, 11 to 14 year olds are at the nearby Evershed Building. William Beyne, Abbot of Burton ...

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

This postcard view shows the Horn Dancers performing their dance by the Butter Cross in the centre of Abbots Bromley, while the two cameramen (on the left) are also pictured as they film this famous annual ...

Aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent

An aerial view of Burton-upon-Trent featuring Burton Bridge spanning the River Trent and the Washlands. The town centre is top left of this photograph. This Image is from a collection of photographs ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial view of Hilton Park motorway services

Hilton Park opened on the M6 in 1970 and was operated by Toprank, and it is now operated by Moto. In 1998 it was reported to be the busiest service station on the United Kingdom motorway network. Since ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Albion Street Mill, Leek

Built c1829, the mills along Albion Street are three storey buildings with sixteen bays. Prior to the construction of the mills, workers' cottages were built in both Albion and King Street to accommodate ...

Albion Street, Rugeley

This view of Albion Street was taken looking towards the Market Square in Rugeley. The woman on the left is Mrs Richardson and on the right is the Albion public house. Also in this scene the vehicles ...

Alfred McCann, Brighton, Sussex

Uttoxeter photographer Alfred McCann standing next to his son Gerald McCann's Rover Eight parked at the side of the road at Hove End, Brighton, West Sussex. Photographer: Gerald McCann, High Street, ...

Alley off Hope Street, Hanley

This is an alley running off Hope Street in Hanley leading to the New Hall Pottery works. This alleyway is marked on the 1880 O.S. map. and the surrounding housing and works buildings are earlier. The ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Dove Bank, Uttoxeter

A postcard view of Uttoxeter Grammar School which was founded in 1558 in the will of Thomas Alleyne, a school teacher. The school was originally a Grammar School for boys and was on Bridge Street. Having ...

Alrewas War Memorial

The First World War Memorial situated on Main Street at the junction with Post Office Road. This area was formerly known as 'The Green'.