Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 52 928 Records Found

11 High Street, Dilhorne

14 High Street, Dilhorne

28 High Street, Kinver

An 18th century house of six bays, which has a two-bay pediment.

A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries. Photographed by William Blake.

Industrial landscape with the caption "A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries". Taken at Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Despite an obvious pride in many of the aspects of the pottery ...

A view of Speedwell Castle

Speedwell Castle was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have been built in around 1750 by William Rock.

A view of Speedwell Castle, Brewood

Speedwell Castle can just be seen to the left of this photograph. It was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have ...

Abbots Bromley

In the centre of the picture is a 17th century hexagonal butter cross, with the timber framed 'Goats Head Inn', built in the late 16th century, behind.

Abbots Bromley

Abbots Bromley is an ancient parish which lies six miles south of Uttoxeter. It originally belonged to Burton Abbey when it was granted to the Abbey by Wulfric Spot in 1004. After the dissolution of the ...

Abbot's Bromley: The Horn Dancers. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of a book illustration containing a village scene and a group of horn dancers. Horn dancing is an annual tradition, which is believed to have originated in 1226 at the Barthelmy Fair at ...

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Aerial View of Brewood

An aerial view of the centre of Brewood looking south-west. The Square can be seen in the centre of this view, with Stafford Street running down to th bottom left. The Churchyard can be seen centre ...

Aerial view of Calton village

An aerial view of the village, looking south-east. Copy of original image produced by Tony Blore for 'Calton is my Dwelling Place' by David Swinscoe (Churnet Valley Books, 2006).

Aerial View of Hixon and the Airfield Industrial Estate,

Aerial view of Hixon with the Second World War airfield in the top right corner. In the centre is St. Peter's Church, with the industrial estate to the left.

Aerial view of Oulton Abbey and village, near Stone

Ann aerial view of Oulton, looking north-east, with Oulton Abbey bottom right. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John ...

Albert Terrace, Wolstanton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Albert Terrace, Wolstanton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

All Saints' Church , Trysull

View looking westwards along Bell Road towards All Saint's Church.

All Saints Church and graveyard, Dilhorne

Assorted styles of 18th and 19th century memorials can be seen in the graveyard surrounding the church. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The stepped, octagonal church tower is a rare feature in England. There is the Grade II listed chest ...