Theme Explorer

Start Again > Transport & Communication > Buses, Coaches & Charabanc
Page 1 of 13 234 Records Found

A view of Harlaston, Lichfield

The triangular shaped Village Green, now a car park, can be seen in the background of this photograph, with the tower and Church of St. Matthews behind it. A Midland Red bus is pictured in the foreground....

Aelfgar School, Rugeley

An aerial view of Aelfgar School in Rugeley. The school closed on 31 August 2011 and later part of the building became the Aelfgar Surgery. Running across the centre of the picture is Taylors Lane and ...

Alexander bodied Leyland bus, Railway Street, Stafford

Parked in the street near Austin's garage on Railway Street, Stafford (the building with the curved roof) is a somewhat elderly 22 year old Alexander bodied Leyland TS7 3, registration number ASF 402, ...

Anglesey Hotel, Market Street, Hednesford

A bus waits outside the Anglesey Hotel on Market Street. The Anglesey Hotel was built in 1831 by Edmund Peel of Tamworth, son of Sir Robert Peel of Drayton Manor; brother to Robert, sometime British Prime ...

Austin's and Happy Days Coaches, Stafford

This Coach FV 6567 was an AEC Regal with Burlingham coach body new in 1949 to Austin's as their fleet number 46. As this was delivered new to Austin's it must have been registered by the bodybuilders, ...

Austin's and Happy Days Coaches, Stafford

This picture of a line of Happy Days Coaches was taken at an unknown event. The Happy Days Coach business was started around 1922 by the Austin family. They operated originally as coal merchants and ...

Austin's bus, Stafford

This Austin's bus LRE 1 was a Guy Arab II with Weymann double deck body, new in January 1945 as fleet number 65. There was also an identical Bus LRE 2 as fleet number 66. These were probably built to ...

Austin's coach, Stafford

This Austin's Coach BJP 273, fleet number 92 is thought to be parked in Pitcher Bank in Stafford. The vehicle was a Leyland PSUC1/2 Tiger Cub with Alexander coach body and originally supplied as new ...

Barclays Bank, High Street, Uttoxeter

View down High Street showing Barclays Bank, Bagshaw's Estate Agents, and the Town Hall.

Bebbington's Tea Wrapper, Stafford

Bebbington's grocers had premises on Foregate Street and Lichfield Road. The illustration on this Tea Wrapper depicts the Foregate Street shop.

Bird's Eye View of Victoria Park,

The land between Izaak Walton Walk and the railway station was marshy and liable to flooding. In 1903 the Corporation bought the land and raised its level by three feet. The area was laid out as Victoria ...

Bolehall Swifts Football Club, Tamworth

Bolehall Swifts Football Club 1959 Belgium Tour. Photograph taken on the Amington Inn car park with the coach in background which took team and club members to Belgium. Players are (left to right): ...

Borough Hall on Polling Day, Stafford,

The Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Borough Council offices, the library and the Wragg Museum occupied the ground floor. ...

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Bridge Street, Stafford

Looking along Bridge Street towards Greengate Street from the junction with Newport Road. The Grapes public house is on the left and the recently completed Stafford Borough Council Civic Centre can be ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...

Bus outside Wellington Road Garage, Hanley

This photograph shows the Hill family brothers (including the image donor's great-grandfather Sam Hill and grandfather Reg Hill), sons and some of their employees outside the garage on the corner of Wellington ...

Bus Station and Mining College, Cannock

The original Mining College was founded 1891. The 1920s building which replaced it was enlarged and opened in October 1929 by Viscount Chelmsford. It cost about £25,000 of which £18,000 was a grant from ...