Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 97 1738 Records Found

459 Watling Street, Tamworth

This house was built by Charles Smith senior, using salvaged doors, windows etc. from Drayton Manor.

A coal wharf, Bridgwood Street, Longton

This photograph is looking north along Bridgwood Street from close to the Sutherland Road junction. A coal wharf on the right was alongside Bridgwood Street (formerly called Wharf Street). The bridge ...

A view of Tamworth Castle

A view of Tamworth Castle taken from the river. This photograph shows the rear of the boat house, with the River Tame in the foreground, and Lady Bridge on the left hand side.

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

Abbey Crossing, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The canal bridge over the Caldon Canal and Abbey Level Crossing, with the crossing keeper's house to the left, on Horse Lane (now Birches Head Road) at Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway, Bentilee.

This photograph was taken from the Arbourfield Drive bridge over the Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway line. The spoil tip in the distance belongs to Mossfield Colliery. The houses on the left ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial view of Blake High School, Hednesford, Cannock

In the bottom left corner of the picture is Belt Road.

Aerial view of BRC factory, Stafford

Aerial photograph of BRC (British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Co.) factory, Queensville, Stafford, looking south. Lichfield Road in foreground, Silkmore Lane to the left. The British Reinforced Concrete ...

Aerial view of Burton-on-Trent

View of High Street and the surrounding area. Both rail transport links and brewery sites can be clearly seen.

Aerial view of Cheadle, Ashbourne Road area

Ashbourne Road is in the centre of the picture, with The Avenue, Tean Road, the Recreation Ground and the Leisure Centre also shown. Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd....

Aerial view of Cheadle, Cheadle High school area

Cheadle High and the Painsley Schools are shown at the end of the site of the railway line and station. In the bottom left corner are Minton Close, Copeland Close and Wade Close on the Potter's Estate. ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Hospital area

In the bottom right corner is Cheadle Hospital, with The Birches and Major's Barn nearby. St. Giles' C of E Church and the cemetery are in the upper right edge of the photograph. Copyright and ownership ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Leisure Centre area

The blue-roofed Leisure Centre is in the foreground, with the view looking towards the centre of the town. To the right of the Catholic Church (spire at top of picture), is the Kwik-Save store on the ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Recreation Ground area

View of the Recreation Ground surrounded by Tean Road, Mill Road, and Park Avenue. Behind the blue-roofed Leisure Centre is the Lightwood housing estate, (at the top of the picture). The picture has been ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Station Road area

View of the High schools, Station Road, Atlee Road and Tean Road. The photograph has been taken from just above the cricket ground, just south of the junction with Park Avenue. Copyright and ownership ...

Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

Aerial view of Duncan Hall, Yarnfield

An aerial view Duncan Hall at Yarnfield, looking north east. The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. It occupied buildings at Howard Hall, ...