Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 19 326 Records Found

A Town on Millennium Eve, Newcastle-under-Lyme

An oil painting by Tim Lloyd, commissioned for the Millennium by Newcastle-under-Lyme Museum and Art Gallery. The painting contains images of people celebrating Millennium's Eve in Newcastle and contains ...

Abbots Bromley - Market House and Stocks: sepia drawing

'The Market house at Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire,' showing a Tudor octagonal building. The stocks (for three) are set between two pillars. There is a public house on the right, and cottages behind.'J. ...

Abbots Bromley - Tudor Market Cross and House: pen and ink drawing

'Market Cross, Abbots Bromley,' showing a row of houses and the church in the background. 'T.P.W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

This postcard view shows the Horn Dancers performing their dance by the Butter Cross in the centre of Abbots Bromley, while the two cameramen (on the left) are also pictured as they film this famous annual ...

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

Horn dancers performing by the Butter Cross. The horn dance is an annual event which takes place on the first Monday after the first Sunday after the 4th of September. The tradition is believed to ...

Abbots Bromley Tudor - Market Cross and House: pencil and wash drawing

'Market Cross, Abbots Bromley.' Showing a row of houses and the church tower in the background. The village street is to the right.[Original pencil drawing for SV I.9b.]'T.P.W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial view of Market Square, Stafford

This aerial postcard view shows Stafford’s Market Square, with a glimpse of the Jubilee Fountain, erected in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. On the lower left is the Guildhall, in the centre ...

Aerial view of St. Mary’s Church, Stafford

This aerial postcard view shows St. Mary’s Church in Stafford. On the right is a part view of the Market Square and in the background is Stafford Prison. On the reverse it states: "This photograph ...

Albion Street, Rugeley

This view of Albion Street was taken looking towards the Market Square in Rugeley. The woman on the left is Mrs Richardson and on the right is the Albion public house. Also in this scene the vehicles ...

An Aerial view of Burslem town centre

The aerial photograph was taken in 1927 and shows Market Place running up the middle with the town Hall on its left. In the bottom left hand corner is Fountain Place with St John's Square off to the ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Audley Old Hall

The view shows the Old Hall on the junction between Wilbraham's Walk and Nantwich Road. This timber built house was built in the fourteenth or fifteenth century and was the seat of the Vernons at some ...

Bandstand and Bowling Green, Cannock

A very early postcard where the message and picture is on the same side; the address only being on the reverse. This style of postcard became obsolete when divided back cards were introduced in Great ...

Bargate Street, Brewood

Bargate Street, looking towards the village centre. Just before the Bridge Inn can be seen the bridge over the Shropshire Union canal.

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

Pictured during a Battle of Britain Parade are RAF Stafford personnel marching from Greengate Street into the Market Square, Stafford. Taking the Salute on the platform on the right are Squadron Leader ...

Bird's eye view, Abbots Bromley

A view taken from the tower of St. Nicholas' Church looking eastwards over Abbots Bromley. in the middle ground can be seen the Market Place and the Butter Cross. The half-timbered building is the Goat's ...

Bow Street, Rugeley

A postcard view of Bow Street, looking towards the Market Place. On the left, at No. 2 Bow Street, is the British & Colonial meat Co., butchers.