Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 13 223 Records Found

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Alstonefield Football Club

Back row: Sydney Adams, Frank Pickford, Bert Riley, Phillip Oldfield, Des Gibbs, unknown, Billy Critchlow, Ken Hayward, Rev. Beresford, Herbert Wood, Les Fiander, Harry Taylor, Constable Worthington, ...

Anchor China Works and old Police Station, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Longton end of Sutherland Road with part of Longton Police Station on the right hand edge and the Anchor China Works in the centre. The road sign is giving directions for the junction of Sutherland ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view looks northeast along Anson Street to the tower of St. Augustine’s church in the distance. The building on the left is Rugeley Police Station. This postcard was published by G. ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Army Recruits at Colwich Station,

Army recruits at Colwich Railway Station awaiting departure. They are accompanied by a local councillor and a police constable. The alternate image is a digitally colourised version of the image.

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Looking eastwards along Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley towards the village centre. On the near left is the Police house.

Baswich House, Stafford

Baswich House, Stafford. Used by Staffordshire Police 1954 to 2007. Home of Staffordshire Police Museum until 2007. An oil painting by C.W. Sheldon, formerly in the collections of the Staffordshire ...

Bath Street, Stafford

This view from Earl Street, with the former Harris and Son's off-licence on Bath Street corner, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Centre right is the former Police Station and on the right ...

Battle of Britain Parade by RAF Stafford

Pictured during a Battle of Britain Parade are RAF Stafford personnel marching from Greengate Street into the Market Square, Stafford. Taking the Salute on the platform on the right are Squadron Leader ...

Bomb Damage, Pittshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Photograph of a bomb damaged shop on the High Street in Pittshill, Stoke-on-Trent. Part of an official survey commissioned in 1941 by the City of Stoke-on-Trent.

Borough Police Force, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Borough Police Force are here seen pictured with the Mayor of Newcastle, William Mellard. They are outside Mellard's home, The Beeches, which stood on Liverpool Road (now the site of a bus depot). ...

Borough Police, Newcastle-Under-Lyme

Photograph of the Borough Police Force in 1900.

Brewhouse, Trentham Hall,

View taken from the entrance to the coach yard. The brewhouse is on the left, with the poultry house to the right. The brewhouse also contained the bakehouse and laundry. Most country houses had a ...

Burslem Police Station

Burslem Police Station in Jackson Street was built in 1930 and replaced the original station at the rear of Market Hall, fronting onto Wedgwood Place, in Market Place. Since this photograph was taken, ...

Burslem Police Station

Burslem Police Station, Jackson Street, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Built 1937. An oil painting by C.W. Sheldon, formerly in the collections of the Staffordshire Police Museum, now part of the ...

Burslem Police Station.

Personnel of Burslem Police force line up for an official group photograph at the end of the nineteenth century. The original police station was situated behind the old meat market on Wedgwood Place, ...