Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Church Halls
Page 1 of 2 29 Records Found
12

Alrewas Methodist Church

The Methodist Church on Post Office Road, Alrewas. This was originally a Weslyan Chapel

Assembly Hall, Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on trent

The photograph was taken on the corner of London Road and Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on Trent. In 1912 a group of unsectarian Christians set up an Assembly Hall in Welch Street in Stoke upon Trent, and ...

Berkswich Village Hall, Walton-on-the-Hill,

Berkswich Village Hall was built in 1931 on Green Gore Lane, off Lichfield Road. Funds were raised by public subscription and the land was provided by the late Mrs D.R. Haszard of Milford Hall. The ...

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

This is an interior photograph of Bethesda Chapel taken in April 1949. The people standing on the balcony, in the top right corner of the photograph, are the choir. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an ...

Bible Class, Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

Reverend Pitman is pictured with a group of Bible Class attendees.

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Burslem Spiritualist Church, 66-68 Moorland Road, Burslem

This photograph shows the front of Burslem Spiritualist Church which was built between 1878 and 1900. It is a two storey building with a dormer gable and a small turret. The ground floor has a door set ...

Caroline Street Congregational Church, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Congregational Church, Caroline Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was also known as the Independent Chapel and was built in 1819.

Catholic Chapel, Blackshaw Moor Polish Resettlement Camp

A group of girls from the Polish community at Blackshaw Moor resettlement camp, standing outside the Roman Catholic chapel. the chapel stood until the 1990s. In 1946, displaced Polish servicemen and ...

Church Christmas Bazaar, Milwich

A visitor receives a gift from the Vicar’s wife, Mrs Littleton-Perry, seen on the right alongside the Vicar of Milwich, the Rev. L Littleton-Perry, at the Milwich Church Christmas bazaar on Saturday 7 ...

Church Hall, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This single storey rectangular building was construced in red flemish brickwork. The decorated tiled roof has ornanteridge tiling and coping stones on the gable front. Many of the original entrances and ...

Cobridge Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Cobridge Hall stands on Grange Street in Burslem, which was formerly known as Grange Lane. It is believed to have been constructed between 1775 and 1799, with later additions between 1832 and 1878, 1878 ...

Group outside Holy Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Lane, Codsall

Possibly a mothers and toddlers group meeting. Holy Trinity Church (formerly Trinity Free Church and School) moved to a new building at Histons Hill in 1967.

Guider and cub leader outside Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

The guider (on the left) is Miss Wakeling and the cub leader (on the right) is Miss Blackburn.

High Green, Cannock

Taken in the High Green area of Cannock. Behind the boys can be seen Linford's store, now (2018) a Wetherspoon's public house, 'The Linford Arms'. On its right is 'New Hall' built in 1891 primarily ...

Holy Trinity Methodist Church and Hall, Chapel Lane

Holy Trinity Church (formerly been Trinity Free Church and School) moved to a new building at Histons Hill, Codsall in 1967.

Interior of Edensor Methodist Chapel, Longton

This photograph taken at the turn of the 20th century is believed to be the interior of Edensor Methodist Chapel, and shows the church organ and altar. The chapel has since been demolished.

Lady Burton, Burton upon Trent

Lady Burton with a bouquet of flowers at the Railway Mission Hall , Moor Street, Burton upon Trent. Harriett Georgina Bass (1831-1941), daughter of Edward Thornewill of the Thornewill engineering ...

12