Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Municipal Parks & Gardens
Page 1 of 13 219 Records Found

Adams Clock tower, Tunstall Park.

Erected in 1907, the clock tower commemorates William Adams, a prominent pottery manufacturer in Tunstall. The Adams family operated the Greengates and Greenfield potteries amongst others. Panels around ...

Aerial View of Trentham Gardens,

Aerial view of Trentham Gardens showing the lake, Italian gardens and ballroom. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the ...

Aqualate Hall and Grounds,

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Berry Hill from Fenton Park

This was the view north from Fenton Park towards Berry Hill Colliery spoil tip. just to the right are the chimneys and buildings of Slater's brickworks alongside Berry Hill marl pit. In the distance ...

Birthday Greetings Card

Birthday greetings card with flowers and a view of Queen's Park, Crewe, Cheshire. Photographed and designed by William Blake of Longton. Blake produced many greetings cards, which were sold in his ...

Bowling Green, Victoria Park, Stafford

The land between Izaak Walton Walk and the railway station were marshy and liable to flooding. In 1903 the Corporation bought the land and raised its level by three feet. The area was laid out as Victoria ...

Bowling Greens, Bucknall Park

Bucknall Park lies between Heath House Lane and the River Trent, just north of Finney Gardens. The park dates back to 1956 when nearly 17 acres of land was laid out with sports facilities, a pavilion ...

Bowling in Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

Park scene including a bowling green and bowlers. Taken at Longton Park, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 ...

Brough Park Fishpond, Leek

Fishing in the pond with homemade fishing rods of sticks and string and jam-jars was a popular pastime for young boys in Leek. The pond was formerly part of the gardens of Ball Haye Hall. The park ...

Brough Park, Leek

The park is so called after William Spooner Brough gave ten and a half acres of his Ball Haye estate to the town in 1913. The size of the park grew to 21 acres in 1921 when Joseph Tatton donated another ...

Brough Park, Leek,

Bucknall Park

The view westwards from Bucknall Park looking over the Trent Valley and towards Northwood. The Biddulph Valley and Leek branch railway line runs across the left of the photograph, in front of the houses ...

Burslem Park

Burslem Park lies between Moorland Road and Hamil Road. The park dates from 1894 and covers 20 acres with a small lake. Photographer: Gover & Co., Hanley. Image from 'Staffordshire Past and Present: ...

Burslem Park

Looking south east over flower beds, past the bandstand towards the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery. Burslem Park lies between Moorland Road and Hamil Road. The park dates from 1894 and covers 20 acres with ...

Burslem Park

The lake and viewing pavilion. Burslem Park lies between Moorland Road and Hamil Road. Designed by Thomas H. Mawson, the park was opened on 30 August 1894 on what had been derelict industrial land. ...

Burton Manor, Stafford,

Burton Manor in Rising Brook was built in 1855 by Francis Whitgreave. Stonework found during excavations from Grey Friars on Foregate Street was incorporated into the house, including the stone cross ...

Caldon Canal in Hanley Park

Hanley Park opened in 1897, covering nearly 65 acres (25 hectares) and was designed by Thomas Mawson who also laid out Burslem Park. He laid the park out on what was known as "Stoke Fields", an area ...

Carlisle Street Gates, Longton Park, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Carlisle Street Gates at Longton Park, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 by George Granville ...