Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 23 Records Found
12

A.W. Tilley, photographers, Radford Street, Stone

A.W. Tilley's photography studio, newsagents and stationers at 7, Radford Street, Stone. Arthur William Tilley was a prolific photographer and publisher of postcards between 1896 and around 1912. He ...

Cannock Advertiser Centenary Exhibition, Cannock Library

The Cannock Advertiser Centenary Exhibition at Cannock Library. With display case containing the first edition of the Cannock Advertiser are (left to right): D.C. Coggin (Editorial Director), Miles Withington ...

Cannock Advertiser offices, Cannock

Cannock Advertiser offices, works and Withington's stationers, printers and booksellers on Market Place, Cannock, Staffordshire. The Cannock Advertiser was founded in June 1878 by Alfred Withington. ...

Cannock Advertiser staff trip to Blackpool

A group of Cannock Advertiser staff during trip to Blackpool. Included are: Ken Harrison, Ernie Jones, Frank Arrowsmith (back row, far right), Iris Withington (middle row, 5th from left), Miles Withington ...

Chromo Pottery Transfers Ltd., Meigh Street, Hanley.

This works was on the corner of Meigh Street and Burton Place in Hanley. It was the site of the Corona clothing works and before that the Corona Pottery. Now demolished, the land is now the rear of Marks ...

Digby Burdett, ironmongers, Stone

Digby Burdett's ironmongers, tinsmiths, braziers and locksmiths shop at 3, Stafford Street, Stone. He also sold Well-Made, Star and Hudson cycles and home furnishings. Born 1877 in Birmingham, Digby ...

E. Wainwright, Kerr Street, Fenton

E Wainwright & Sons were printers, bookbinders and stationers on Old Whieldon Road near Stoke Basin. Their factory was on the corner of Kerr Street (previously known as Talbot Street) and Old Whieldon ...

Elizabeth Street, Hanley

The buildings in the centre of the photograph belong to Commercial (Potters) Transfers Ltd printing works. The property was once known as Hallfield Cottage. The surrounding land shows the clearance of ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured is one of the sections of the Main Printing and Reprographic Department on the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. The Print Room produced most of the printing requirements for the site, this included ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Clerks and typists are pictured using electric typewriters in the Administration Office of the Main Printing and Reprographic Department on the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. The door on the left of ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Second from the left is Gill Spilsbury pictured in one of the sections of the Main Printing and Reprographic Department on the Lichfield Road site in Stafford.

Hitchings Potters' Transfers works, Caledonia Road, Shelton

Hitchings ceramic transfer works were on Caledonia Road, off Cemetery Road in Shelton. The company bceased trading in 1964. The buildings still stand and have been converted into student accommodation ...

Iris Withington, Cannock

Studio portrait of Iris Averill Withington, aged 5. Born in Cannock in 1905, she was later the proprietor of the Cannock Advertiser from 1929 until 1964. She died in 1984. The Cannock Advertiser was ...

Printsetting at the Cannock Advertiser, Cannock

Frank Arrowsmith working at a lynotype printsetting machine at the Cannock Advertiser print works, Market Square, Cannock. He was the Chief Composing Machine Operator until 1964, having joined the firm ...

Rataud's Ceramic Transfers in Meigh Street, Hanley

This is the Alliance Works on Meigh Street, built in 1914 and occupied by Rataud's, a ceramic Transfer producing company. The narrow frontage lead to a large works between Meigh Street and Majolica Street ...

Stafford Co-op Display Department

Susan Ellis is pictured making adjustments to the foliage garlands that would later be part of the Christmas decorations around the interior of the store and in the window displays. In the background ...

T.G. Adie & Co. printers and stationers, High Street, Stone

Thomas G. Adie's printers and stationers shop at 28, High Street, Stone. The business started around 1890 and continued until Thomas's death in 1942. Thomas George Adie was born in Stone in 1869 ...

The Sentinel offices, Trinity Street, Hanley

These offices on the corner of Foundry Street and Trinity Street were occupied from 1874. At that time, the newspaper was expanding producing daily and weekly Sentinels, with three editions of the daily ...

12