Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 21 Records Found
12

Alleyne's Grammar School Tennis team, Stone

Back row (left to right): Miss K. Heron (Coach and mathematics teacher); Roger Cratchley, Nigel Ball, Mr. Scott (Coach and teacher). Front row: Eddie Derbyshire, John White, John Lloyd, Peter Bland, ...

Alstonefield Tennis Club

Back row: Harry Bailey, Maggie Bailey, Bert Riley, Frank Newbould, Robert Arme, Bill Warrington. Middle row: Maggie Manifold, Katherine Adams, Joyce Mart, Lily Bonsall, Sidney Bonsall, Illingworth ...

Berkswich School staff , Walton Tennis club

Photograph of the school staff taken at Walton Tennis Club where at one time the school children and staff had their school lunch. The teachers left to right are Mrs Burgess, Mrs Stockton, Mrs Fread Wooding ...

Concert Party, Blythe Bridge

A concert party group pictured in the old tennis club pavilion which stood on Grindley Road. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership....

English Electric Tennis Club, Stafford

The Tennis Club formed part of the Social & Athletic Association (Social Club) at English Electric Co., Stafford. This photograph shows the tennis courts and the club buildings at Stychfields, adjacent ...

Garden Fete, the Vicarage, Eccleshall

Spectators watching a tennis match at a garden fete held at the Vicarage, Eccleshall.

Lawn Tennis Pavilion, Adbaston

Tennis players and spectators pictured in front of their wood and corrugated iron pavilion in Adbaston. This photograph was probably taken by Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Michelin Tyre Company, Sideway Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

A view south towards the main office block of the Michelin Tyre Company. This part of the factory was built in the late 1920s. On the left is the prominent water tower, the first all-reinforced concrete ...

Municipal tennis courts in Penkhull

The West End recreation ground tennis courts were at the bottom of Bakewell Street, off Trent Valley Road, in Penkhull. Bakewell Street was previously known as Turner Street. The site which had three ...

Primitive Methodist Tennis Courts, Cheslyn Hay

The tennis facilities were provided as a social benefit for the Zion Methodist Chapel in Cheslyn Hay. The tennis courts were located behind the chapel which was located in Cross Street. The chapel and ...

Rodbaston Farm Institute, Penkridge

This postcard view shows Tennis players posing for the camera with Rodbaston Hall in the background. Rodbaston Hall was built for William Holland by 1834. In 1854 the Holland family sold it to Thomas ...

Rudyard Tennis Club

Rudyard Tennis Club was formed in 1922 and existed in to the 1930s. Their court and pavilion stood in a field opposite Rudyard Road's World War II pill box.

Rudyard Tennis Club

Rudyard Tennis Club was formed in 1922 and existed ionto the 1930s. Their court and pavilion stood in a field opposite Rudyard Road's World War II pill box.

Tennis group, Stonefield Park, Stone

Stone residents entertaining Otto Schreister, an American soldier billetted at Yarnfield during the Second World War. The group is pictured after playing tennis in Stonefield Park. Standing (left ...

Tennis match, Darlaston Hall

Tennis being played on two grass courts next to the formal gardens which stood on the eastern side of Darlaston Hall, near Stone. At the time of this photograph the Hall belonged to the Meakin family, ...

Tennis players, Oulton Abbey Grounds

Girls playing tennis and other outdoor activities at Oulton Abbey, near Stone. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John ...

Tennis team, Uttoxeter

Ruth Grice is seated front row, second from left holding her tennis racquet. This photograph was possibly taken at Red Gables boarding house.

Tennis team, Uttoxeter

Ruth Grice is seated front row, far left seated holding her tennis racquet. This photograph was possibly taken at Red Gables boarding house.

12