Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 13 Records Found
1

County Buildings, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Council Meeting, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

Guildhall, Stafford,

The Guildhall on Market Square was designed by Charles Trubshaw and built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. The entrance to the market ...

Mayor and Mayoress Marson with Mace-bearers, Stafford,

Mayor and Mayoress Marson with the Mayor's Sergeant and Burgess' Sergeants. By 1939 these posts had merged. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership....

Mayor and Mayoress Mycock, Stafford,

Studio portrait of Mayor and Mayoress Mycock wearing ceremonial clothing and their chains of office.

Mayor C.E. Fowke, Guildhall, Stafford

Stafford photographer C.E. Fowke was Mayor of Stafford in 1951 and 1952. He is pictured here seated in the Guildhall, Stafford. Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Staffordshire Newsletter who retain ...

Mayor Marson in the Guildhall, Stafford,

The Mayor, Mr William Marson, attending a Borough Council meeting in the old Guildhall building on Market Square. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership....

Members of Stafford Corporation,

This photograph of Members of the Corporation outside the Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was taken at the request of the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot. The Mayor is Ebenezer Taylor, who was in office ...

New Guildhall Interior, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Stafford Borough Council Committee Meeting, Riverside, Stafford

This photograph of a Committee Meeting at Stafford Borough Council’s Civic Offices at Riverside in Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. If you recognise anyone in this view please ...

Thomas Amies, Mayor of Stafford,

Thomas Amies was Mayor of Stafford in 1889. He is wearing his chain of office.

Thomas Fletcher Twemlow

Thomas Fletcher Twemlow of Betley (1816-1894). Chairman of the Quarter Sessions in Staffordshire 1869-1894. A watercolour cartoon also showing Matthew F. Blakiston. Both were original members of Staffordshire ...

Unveiling of Stafford Borough Boundary Post,

Unveiling of a Stafford boundary post by the Mayor, Richard Young. He is attended by other civic dignitaries and two mace-bearers. This boundary marker is probably the one on Stone Road near Redhill ...

1