Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 66 1182 Records Found

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A J Wilkinson's Pottery, Irwell Street, Middleport

The front entrance to A J Wilkinson's Pottery in Irwell Street (formerly West Street). West Street was at the bottom of Prospect Street, close to the Trent & Mersey Canal, off Newport Lane. West Street, ...

A.T. Finney, Duchess Pottery, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

A T Finney were taken over by the Tams Pottery Group in 1979 who also bought Royal Grafton China in 1992.

Acme Marls works, Burslem

Acme Marls occupied a site on the corner of Bournes Bank and Enoch Street (now Woodbank Street) in Burslem. The company made kiln furniture (refractory supports on which pottery is stacked during firing ...

Adams pottery factory, Furlong Road, Tunstall

The photograph shows the Greengates Pottery Works of William Adams & Sons in Furlong Road. The works was at the eastern end close Tunstall High Street (just to the right). William Adams opened a factory, ...

Adderley Works, Lightwood Road, Longton

These premises were near to the bus station. William A. Adderley operated the Daisy Bank Pottery in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent producing China and Earthenware. After 1905 they traded as Adderleys Ltd. ...

Adelaide Street, Burslem

Adelaide Street links Waterloo Road and Nile Street in Burslem. The Adelaide Street Pottery was operated by Robert Sudlow & Sons from the 1880s, although there had been a potworks on the site since at ...

Aerial View of Armitage Pottery Works

The first pottery on this site was established by Thomas Bond. he was declared bankrupt two years later and the pottery was purchased by John Tunnicliff. In about 1851 the business was taken aover by ...

Aerial view of Stoke on Trent

An aerial view of part of Stoke on Trent. The railway can be seen running across the middle of the photograph, with the station to the left. The Trent and Mersey Canal is in front of the railway line. ...

Aitken Street, Dalehall, Middleport

Aitken Street is a short street off Ellgreave Street in the Dalehall area of Middleport. There are two ceramics related factories in the photograph: Repton Tiles and Ellgreave Pottery (on the right). Repton ...

Albert Street Pottery, Hobson Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking northwards along Hobson Street in Burslem. The works on the right (Albert Potteries) is now part of the Dudson Group, manufacturing Armorlite tableware. Hobson Street was originally ...

Aldridge Pottery Works, Normacot Road, Longton

The Aldridge Pottery Co. Ltd. occupied the Normacot Works in Longton from about 1954.

Alec Bedser and Jack Ikin at Royal Doulton, Burslem

Alec Bedser and Jack Ikin on a promotional visit to the Royal Doulton Showrooms on Nile Street, Burslem. From left to right: Doug Henson (Staffordshire Cricket captain), Denis Roberts (Royal Doulton ...

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Alfred Meakin's Victoria Pottery on the right looking up Bank Street. Meakin's took over an existing pottery in 1873 and expanded the factory in 1885. The site is now housing

Allerton’s Pottery, Uttoxeter Rd, Longton

Allerton’s Pottery was founded in 1859 and was part of the Cauldon Pottery Group from 1912. The pottery closed in 1942. Pictured is the Cup Making Shop with Ethel Ibbs at the front of the top photograph ...

Anchor Pottery, Goddard Street, Longton

Sampson Bridgwood and Son, established in 1805, took over the Anchor Pottery in 1853. The company still exists today.

Anderton Canal Carriers Wharf, Middleport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows two important sites on the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. In the centre is the Anderton Canal Company's warehouse and boat repair yard and beyond Burgess & Leigh's Middleport ...