Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 14 Records Found
1

Aerial View of Stafford College,

North Staffordshire Polytechnic was established in the Stafford College buildings in 1970. In 1989 the polytechnic became a Higher Education Corporation after changing its name from North Staffordshire ...

Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The school was built in 1914. This is now houses Staffordshire University's Thompson Library on College Road.

Keele Hall

The first Keele Hall was built for Ralph Sneyd c1580. The present hall dates from c1861, and was designed by Salvin for another Ralph Sneyd. The three storey building is in mock Jacobean style of red ...

Keele Hall

The manor of Keele was bought in 1544 by William Sneyd and for the next 400 years the estate was owned by the family, and Keele Hall became the families principal seat. The last owner of Keele, Colonel ...

Keele University Campus

A view of the site now occupied by the Chapel taken from the Library building. The Nissen Huts housed the Student Union and Chapel until the 1960s. Around 120 huts had been built during the Second World ...

Keele University, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The manor of Keele was bought in 1544 by William Sneyd and for the next 400 years the estate was owned by the family, and Keele Hall became the families principal seat. The last owner of Keele, Colnel ...

King's Parade, Cambridge

Lithograph print by Edwin La Dell(1919-1970). Dimensions: height - 305mm, width - 470mm

Looking south east from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken from the end of Vicarage Road on the edge of Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking south eastwards along the Fowlea Valley towards the sites of Stoke Station ...

Midwife's Class, University College of North Staffordshire

Rhoda Hordern is seated centre front.

Shelton Old Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph is looking along Shelton Old Road down towards the railway bridge and Stoke Road, where the A500 (Queensway) intersection is today. The cameraman was just round the corner from Hartshill ...

Sir Oliver Lodge

Lithograph print. A caricature of Sir Oliver Joseph Lodge (1851-1940), physicist, by 'Spy', with caption 'Birmingham University'. Appeared in 'Vanity Fair' 4th February 1904. He was born at The Views, ...

The Clock House, Keele

The Clock House is a former stable block and coach house, now part of Keele University music department and the Vice-Chancellor's residence. It was built in about 1830 by Edward Blore for Ralph Sneyd, ...

The Main Entrance, Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the main entrance to the Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The school was built in 1914. This is now the main entrance for Staffordshire University's Thompson Library ...

The New Post Office, Station Road, Stoke upon Trent

This view along Station Road from near the Leek Road corner shows the New Post Office, built in 1930. It now forms part of Stoke railway station, the main entrance to which is just beyond. Further along ...

1