Theme Explorer

Start Again > Costume & Textiles > Working Wear > Ecclesiastical Dress
Page 1 of 4 69 Records Found

All Saints' Church Bell, Milwich,

The Rev. Perry and the Colsale's Bell, the oldest dated bell in Staffordshire, and the seventh oldest in the country. The bell was cast by John of Colsale in 1409, and is one of only two medieval English ...

Blessing at Knightley Church

The Bishop of Lichfield blessing the church as part of its 100th anniversary celebrations. Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the ...

Boy Bishop Pageant by St. Editha's boy Choristers, Tamworth

St. Editha's boy choristers are seen here standing outside St. Editha's, with one boy dressed as a Bishop. Included in the photograph are three Ward brothers, Stan Bourne, Bill Young, Harold Keen (carrying ...

Catholic Procession, Stafford,

The Catholic Procession was organised by the parishes of St. Austin's and St. Patrick's. The route was from St. Patrick's Church in the north of Stafford to St. Joseph's Convent on Lichfield Road, ...

Ceremony to dedicate churchyard extensions, St. Nicholas' Church, Fulford

Included in the procession (from left to right) are ?, Bishop of Lichfield, Percy Forster, Reverend Arthur E. Smith and Mr Ernest Jenkinson. The churchyard extension was given by the Wildblood family. Photograph ...

Choir, All Saints' Church, Forton,

The earliest stonework in All Saints' church dates from c.1200, and can found in the east wall of the chancel and part of the north wall; there is an original lancet window above the vestry door. The ...

Choir, St. Mary's Church, Stafford,

The Collegiate Church of St. Mary is the parish church of Stafford. The present building is a mixture of genuine medieval and the work of Sir Gilbert Scott, who restored the church in 1841 - 1844 in ...

Choir, St. Mary's Church, Stafford,

Playing the organ is G.P. Matthews. The third chorister from the left is Norman Greenwood, to the left of the column is H.F. Evans. The boy chorister fifth from right is Ian Wheeler. The Collegiate ...

Choristers, St. Chad's Church, Stafford,

Photograph taken outside the west door of St. Chad's Church. St. Chad's dates from the Norman period and is one of Stafford's oldest churches. The church was originally built in an open square, but ...

Church Christmas Bazaar, Milwich

A visitor receives a gift from the Vicar’s wife, Mrs Littleton-Perry, seen on the right alongside the Vicar of Milwich, the Rev. L Littleton-Perry, at the Milwich Church Christmas bazaar on Saturday 7 ...

Church Parade, Rugeley Camp

A typical Sunday morning Parade at Rugeley Camp during World War I, where the Regimental Band would play well-known hymns for the troops. The large building is the Regimental Institute where the lower ...

Commemorative window, St. Luke’s Church, Cannock

This commemorative window, 'the Last Communion on the Battlefield', was given by Charles Loxton in memory of his son Charles Edward Holden Loxton, known as Edward. He was a 2nd Lieutenant in the North ...

Confirmation group, Colwich

A Confirmation group taken on Colwich Vicarage lawn. Left to right: Lilly Seaton, Marjorie Moore, Eileen Harrison, Cynthia Latham, The Vicar (Rev. Chilwell?), Bishop of Stafford, Freda Stocking, Nancy ...

Dedication of the War Memorial, Eccleshall,

Dedication of the First World War memorial in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church. The War Memorial Cross was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of the County (The Right Hon. The Earl of Dartmouth, ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

This group photograph was taken during a visit to the English Electric, Stafford Works by Vice-Admiral Edwards, Third Sea-Lord and Controller of the Navy. Left to right: unknown; Lord Nelson (George ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

This group photograph was taken during a visit to the English Electric, Stafford Works by Vice-Admiral Edwards, Third Sea-Lord and Controller of the Navy. Left to right: Mr E.W. Peace; Mr J.R. Sully, ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

This group photograph was taken during a visit to the English Electric, Stafford Works by the Right Reverend A.S. Reeve, Bishop of Lichfield. Left to right: unknown; unknown; Mr E.W. Peace; the Right ...

Forsbrook Church Choir with visiting clergy, Forsbrook

This event was probably the induction of Rev. Butterworth in 1939. The photograph was taken at the back of Forsbrook Old Vicarage. Front row, left to right: two visiting clergymen, Mr Ephraim Brewer ...