Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 5 80 Records Found

A general view of Alvecote Colliery

Alvecote Colliery, Tamworth Brickworks and the Coventry canal can be seen in this photograph. Alvecote Colliery was known as Tamworth Colliery until 1948.

Aerial view of BRC factory, Stafford

Aerial photograph of BRC (British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Co.) factory, Queensville, Stafford, looking south. Lichfield Road in foreground, Silkmore Lane to the left. The British Reinforced Concrete ...

Bell's old fireclay pit, Cobridge

The fireclay pit supplied Cobridge Refractories works which was off the photograph to the left. The camera is looking over the pit towards Hillary Street (on the right) and Crystal Street and Blackwell's ...

Berry Hill from Fenton Park

This was the view north from Fenton Park towards Berry Hill Colliery spoil tip. just to the right are the chimneys and buildings of Slater's brickworks alongside Berry Hill marl pit. In the distance ...

Brickmakers, Cradley Heath

Two women brickmakers pictured outside a workshop at Cradley Heath, West Midlands. Image courtesy of Birmingham Library.

Brickworkers, Hednesford Brickworks

Situated in near the area now occupied by Hednesford Town F. C.and the nearby nature reserve, the brickworks was originally owned by the Cannock Chase Colliery Company prior to nationalisation in 1947....

Brickworks, Cradley Heath

Women and men workers removing bricks from a kiln at a Cradley Heath brickworks. Image courtesy of Birmingham Library.

Brickworks, Cradley Heath

Women and men workers inside a brickworks at Cradley Heath. Image courtesy of Birmingham Library.

British Reinforced Concrete Canteen, Stafford,

Workmen in the canteen at British Reinforced Concrete. On the right is Jack Hodgkinson, a spot welder and First Aid worker. Jack was called up during the war and posted to 16 MU in Stafford. He returned ...

British Reinforced Concrete football team, Stafford

The British Reinforced Concrete football team celebrating its most successful season. During the 1937-1938 season they played 21 matches, with 17 wins, 3 draws and one defeat. They also retained the ...

British Reinforced Concrete, Factory Canteen, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Cannock Chase Brickworks' Steam Lorry, Hednesford

The driver is Frank James, aged about 19. His assistant, the cheeky young lad looking out of the window, is not named.

Canteen, British Reinforced Concrete, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Clanway Lane Farm, Tunstall

The house in the photograph stood on Clanway Lane, now Adams Avenue in Newfield, Tunstall. In the background are the workings of Clanway Brickworks, adjacent to the farm. They were part of the Berry Hill ...

Clifford Gaskin with 1901 Sunbeam Mabley

Pictured in the driving seat rasiing a glass is Joules employee Clifford Gaskin, Foreman Cooper. Mr Gaskin was well known in Stone as the 'nanny' of this very rare 1901 Sunbeam Mabley car, which had ...

Coal Ovens at Downing's Blurton Tileries, Stoke-on-Trent

The kilns had domed roofs with a separate chimney and were called downdraught ovens. There were 8 to 10 "firemouths" around the outside of each oven used to stoke the fires. The hot gases were drawn ...

Cobridge Brick & Marl Co fireclay pit off Scotia Road, Tunstall

The view north towards Tunstall over the Scotia Bank fireclay pit. The pit belonged to the Cobridge Brick & Marl Company. Their main site was alongside Leek Road, the pit east of Scotia Road was a second ...

Cobridge Brick & Marl Company, Sneyd, Burslem

The view north from Sneyd Street over the Cobridge Brick & Marl Company's fireclay pit and works. Beyond the works is Leek New Road and Sandbach Street. On the skyline is the spoil tip for Chatterley ...