Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 45 Records Found

32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter

The semi derelict buildings on Carter Street which were later re-furbished and turned into the Uttoxeter Heritage Centre.

32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter

Cottages 32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter, later renovated to become Redfern's Cottage and Museum of Uttoxeter Life. Photographer: Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Art Gallery, Stafford Library & Museum

A view of the refurbished Art Gallery after the Library and Museum extension was added in 1962. This room, on the first floor of the Lichfield Road side of the building, was originally the Library Reference ...

Burton Museum, Burton-upon-Trent

In 1915 Burton corporation opened a municipal museum and art gallery in a building designed by Henry Beck of Burton on the site of the former police station at the corner of Station Street and Guild Street. ...

Burton Museum, Burton-upon-Trent

The former Burton Museum building on the corner of Station Street and Guild Street. The ground floor is now (December 2019) occupied by Veneziaa Italian restaurant, which opened in 2012. In 1915 Burton ...

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (1)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. In addition to the more conventional display cases, ...

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (2)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. This is a partial reconstruction of the Wedgwood ...

City Central Library and Art Gallery & Museum, Bethesda Street, Hanley

This photograph is looking over the foundations of the City Central Library and Archives building towards the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery. This photograph was taken in 1968, before the museum building ...

City Museum & Art Gallery, Bethesda Street, Hanley

The City Museum & Art Gallery was officially opened by Alderman Horace Barks on the 13th October 1956. Built on the site of the Bell Pottery works, this image shows the area before additions were made ...

Hanley Museum and Art Gallery, Pall Mall, Hanley.

Izaak Walton exhibition, Stafford Library & Museum

Stafford Borough Councillors and Trustees of Izaak Walton Cottage at the opening of the Izaak Walton exhibition at Stafford Library and Museum. They are pictured looking at objects in the first floor ...

Izaak Walton's Cottage, Shallowford

Izaak Walton was a famous angler and author whose best known work 'The Complete Angler' was published 1653 and is still in print. Born in Stafford in 1593, Walton moved to London to become an apprentice ...

Izaak Walton's Cottage, Shallowford

Izaak Walton was a famous angler and author whose best known work 'The Complete Angler' was published 1653 and is still in print. Born in Stafford in 1593, Walton moved to London to become an apprentice ...

Laying the foundation stone for Burton Museum

A lantern slide view of the laying of the foundation stone for a new museum in Burton upon Trent. In 1915 Burton corporation opened a municipal museum and art gallery in a building designed by Henry Beck ...

Lecture Hall, Stafford Library & Museum

A view of the Lecture Hall after it was reorganised ready for re-opening in 1947, the Library and Museum having been closed for the duration of the Second World War. Oil paintings and framed embroideries ...

Library staff, Stafford Library & Museum

Library staff in the first floor Reference Room in Stafford Library and Museum at The Green. Third from left is Thomas Jackson who was Librarian and Curator between 1892 and 1927. The Reference Room ...

Lichfield - Musical Altar-Clock: engraving

'A Draught of a curious CLOCK in the possession of Mr. Richd. Green of Litchfield,(sic) Staffs.' Showing a clock decorated with statues of angels. Also showing a second clock in the design of a church, ...

Long Gallery, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston,

The 'Corridor of Ceramics', also known as the Long Gallery. This was the site of the first museum at Barlaston, although there had been a previous museum at the Etruria factory since 1906. The Long ...