Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 14 235 Records Found

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. This panelled room with a stone fireplace is thought to be one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. Beaudesert ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover, the headboard and hangings are of a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is an original timber-framed passage leading to the Billiard Room. The passage was renovated after the 1909 fire and the old carved oak arch (which did not belong to the house) was added. Beaudesert ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

All Saints' Church, Trysull

The parish church of Trysull is originally 12th century in origin, but only fragments of the building remain from this date. Major improvements were made during the 13th, 14th, 15th centuries, including ...

Alstonefield Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at Alstonefield Church, Staffordshire.

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view was published by G. Frith, Horse Fair Post Office, Rugeley. At the end of the street on the left (just behind the motor car) there is a glimpse of the Penny Bank and adjacent Town ...

Argyll Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Argyll Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

This postcard view shows the Banquet Hall set up as a Tea / Refreshment Room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Beacon Street, Lichfield

This postcard view of a quiet scene looks north-west along Beacon Street in Lichfield. Many of the cottages on the left remain (July 2020), however, several of the buildings on the extreme right were ...

Beaudesert Hall

This view of Beaudesert Hall is taken from a glass negative looking from the southwest and shows the rear of the Hall with several glass houses and a part of the gardens. From around 1909 to 1912 ...

Bent's Brewery, Stone,

Bent's Brewery was established in Newcastle-under-Lyme in the 1790s by William Bent. The business remained in Newcastle until 1936, when manufacture transferred to Liverpool. The company expanded ...

Bird in Hand Public House, Stafford,

The Bird in Hand public house on Victoria Square.

Bird Street, Lichfield

This postcard view is largely unrecognisable today. Looking from St John Street with Bird Street straight ahead over the junction with Bore Street (signed to Burton on Trent) on the right. As can be seen, ...

Boothen School Classroom

Classroom interior at Boothen Church of England School on the corner of London Road and All Saints Road, Stoke on Trent. Note the gas lighting Founded in 1859 as Boothen National Schools it originally ...

Boots' Chemists and the Post Office, Stafford,

The General Post Office moved from Eastgate Street to this building on Market Square in 1867. It remained here until 1914, when it relocated to Chetwynd House on Greengate Street.

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Bare Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view is in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the left is the Guildhall which was rebuilt in the 19th century, ...

Borough Hall, Stafford

The Borough Hall was designed in 1876 by local architect Henry Ward who also designed Stafford Grammar School. We are unable to identify the publisher of this card which was printed in Germany. The design ...