Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 14 235 Records Found

112 Lichfield Road, Stafford

This postcard view shows a house which is thought to be 112 Lichfield Road, Stafford. On the left of the picture there is a woman standing in the bay window looking towards the photographer. This is ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

All Saints' Church Interior, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

Ancient High House, Stafford,

The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come from Doxey Wood, near Stafford Castle. King Charles I stayed here in September 1642, whilst ...

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Assize Hall, Stafford,

There has been a shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Beacon Hill, Congreve, Penkridge

Beaudesert Hall

A view of the east front of Beaudesert Hall taken from a glass negative. From around 1909 to 1912 many alterations were made to the Hall and by 1919 the cupola above the east front entrance had been ...

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Betty Cooper's Cafe, Stafford,

Betty Cooper's Cafe at 75a Eastgate Street. During the 1970s this Café was a favourite stop for bus crews nipping in for a quick cuppa en route. The building later became part of the Shrewsbury ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an Arts Centre, but has since been demolished ...

Bishops Offley Methodist Chapel

This chapel stands at Offley Marsh, Bishops Offley. It was built in 1875.

Bishton Hall, Colwich,

Bishton Hall was built by John Sparrow, a banker, in the late eighteenth century. When he died his daughter, Charlotte, added the two bowed blocks on either side of the main entrance. The hall is ...

Bishton Hall, Colwich,

Bishton Hall was built by John Sparrow, a banker, in the late eighteenth century. When he died his daughter, Charlotte, added the two bowed blocks on either side of the main entrance. The hall is ...

Bishton Hall, Colwich,

Bishton Hall was built by John Sparrow, a banker, in the late eighteenth century. When he died his daughter, Charlotte, added the two bowed blocks on either side of the main entrance. The hall is ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is ...