Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 29 507 Records Found

112 Lichfield Road, Stafford

This postcard view shows a house which is thought to be 112 Lichfield Road, Stafford. On the left of the picture there is a woman standing in the bay window looking towards the photographer. This is ...

28-29, High Street, Kinver

An Grade 2 listed 18th century (with 19th century alterations) house of six bays, which has a two-bay pediment. It now incorporates a pair of shops flanking this central bay and pair of windows.

3 Market Place, Cannock

A postcard showing the rear of 3 Market Place (Church Street), Cannock with a man and woman in doorway and Croquet hoops in the lawn. It is postmarked Cannock, 1909. This house was later Lloyds Bank ...

65-67 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

69-71 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

73-77 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. On the right is I. Stanejko's boot and shoe repair shop and above there is an advertising sign for Cherry Blossom shoe polish. All ...

81-87 High Street, Eccleshall

This view was taken on the south side of the High Street in Eccleshall. These houses were later demolished to make way for John Pershall Court, a development of retirement housing which was built in 1968....

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

The description on the front of this postcard view is ‘Abbots Bromley Horn Dancers Established 400 Hundred Years’. In this scene the Horn Dancers are pictured in Abbots Bromley by the west door of St. ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Agricultural Event, Ingestre Hall,

Ingestre Hall was built by Sir Walter Chetwynd in 1613. By the eighteenth century it had been acquired by the Talbots, who remodelled parts of the hall in the early 1800s. The Talbots became the Earls ...

Albion Place, Stafford,

These houses on Albion Place were demolished by 1965 and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984.

Alexandra Hotel, Stafford,

The Alexandra Hotel was originally built in the late eighteenth century as a town house and business premises for Thomas Lovett, a wine merchant. It was situated on the corner of Greengate Street and ...

All Saints Church and graveyard, Dilhorne

Assorted styles of 18th and 19th century memorials can be seen in the graveyard surrounding the church. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of ...

All Saints' Church Tower, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

All Saints' Church, Chebsey,

All Saints dates from the Norman period. The tower features an outside stair turret. The churchyard contains an Anglo-Saxon cross shaft. Inside the church can be found late Victorian stained glass ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The stepped, octagonal church tower is a rare feature in England. There is the Grade II listed chest ...

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.