Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 34 Records Found
12

Alderman John Marson, Stafford,

Alderman John Marson was Mayor of Stafford in 1848. John Marson also established Marson's grocery shop in the Ancient High House on Greengate Street in 1826. His son, William Albert, eventually ...

Alton Towers

A postcard view of a “Fireplace in the Long Gallery”, the Fireplace was actually located in the Talbot Gallery. On the reverse of the card it states that it is a “Real Photograph” postcard, printed ...

Alton Towers

The Grand Entrace to Alton Towers. This postcard view was posted in Alton by Ruby (who was on holiday) to her Aunt in Sydenham, London. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

This postcard view shows the Banquet Hall set up as a Tea / Refreshment Room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

A postcard view (looking north-east) of the Banquet Hall taken around 1927 when it was in use as a refreshment room. Over the years this room was also known as the Great Dining Room and the Dining Room. ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

This postcard view shows the Banquet Hall set up as a Tea / Refreshment Room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Beaudesert Hall

A view of the east front of Beaudesert Hall taken from a glass negative. From around 1909 to 1912 many alterations were made to the Hall and by 1919 the cupola above the east front entrance had been ...

Beaudesert Hall

A postcard of the south-east view of Beaudesert Hall, near Gentleshaw, residence of the Marquis of Anglesey. The building dated from the 15th century with later alterations. The walled garden is on the ...

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Commemorative window, St. Luke’s Church, Cannock

This commemorative window, 'the Last Communion on the Battlefield', was given by Charles Loxton in memory of his son Charles Edward Holden Loxton, known as Edward. He was a 2nd Lieutenant in the North ...

Dilhorne Hall Lodge House

At the time the photograph was taken, the Lodge's arch was used to access the village's Recreation and Community Centre. It has since been converted to a private house with an alternative access being ...

Fireplace overmantle at Loxley Hall, near Uttoxeter

Close up view of an overmantle depicting the royal crest and surrounded by heraldic devices of various nobility. A frieze of more heraldic devices runs around the room. Loxley Hall was built around ...

Goat Lodge, Bagots Park, near Abbots Bromley

The architect of this eccentric building was Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. It was built in 1839 as an entrance lodge to Bagot's Park. It is decorated with goats' heads: the goat is the emblem of ...

Ingestre Hall, Main Entrance,

Ingestre Hall was built by Sir Walter Chetwynd in 1613. By the eighteenth century it had been acquired by the Talbots, who remodelled parts of the hall in the early 1800s. The Talbots became the Earls ...

Interior of Hints Church: pen and wash drawing

'Three Saxon Arches in the ancient prebendal Church of Hints formerly Hindon.' They appear to be Norman pillars. Showing two views. Anonymous. St. Bartholemew's Church was rebuilt in 1882-3.

Last Sitting of the Stone Bench of Magistrates,

The last sitting of the Stone Bench of Magistrates before being amalgamated into the Stafford Bench. From left to right are (back row) Joan Holland, Shirley Bloor, Ellis Bevan, Joyce Farnham, Eileen ...

Lichfield - Arms of Lord Cadogan (Friary): water colour painting

'Arms of Lord Cadogan. Knight of the Thistle. As painted in the Friary.' Quarterly blue and gold, with supporters of a lion crowned and a winged beast. Also showing the arms of 'Macloid of Lewis,' ...

Monument to Sir Robert Wolseley, Colwich Church,

Sir Robert Wolseley of Wolseley Hall fought on the side of the King during the Civil War; his estate was later confiscated as a result. He died of a fever in 1646 aged 59, his body being brought back ...

12