Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 16 274 Records Found

112 Lichfield Road, Stafford

This postcard view shows a house which is thought to be 112 Lichfield Road, Stafford. On the left of the picture there is a woman standing in the bay window looking towards the photographer. This is ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover and the headboard is covered with a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. This panelled room with a stone fireplace is thought to be one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. Beaudesert ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover, the headboard and hangings are of a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. As with many rooms at Beaudesert the walls were hung with Chinese wallpaper and here it ...

A Bedroom at Wootton Lodge

Pictured is one of the bedrooms at Wootton Lodge, photographed by Country Life in March 1959. Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting lodge by Sir Richard Fleetwood between about 1580 and 1610. It was ...

A Bedroom at Wootton Lodge

Pictured is one of the bedrooms at Wootton Lodge. Photographed by Country Life and featured in their magazine in March 1959. The panelling dates from around 1700. Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is an original timber-framed passage leading to the Billiard Room. The passage was renovated after the 1909 fire and the old carved oak arch (which did not belong to the house) was added. Beaudesert ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the corridors at Beaudesert Hall. Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. James Wyatt and Joseph Potter ...

Acton Trussell Church

A postcard view of St. James Church which was originally built in 1212. The tower dates from the late 13th century and the small recessed spire was added in 1562. It was enlarged and rebuilt in 1869 under ...

All Saints' Church, Alrewas

The Grade 1 Listed All Saints' Church stands in Mill End Lane. It was built in the 13th century, replacing an earlier church. It has 14th, 18th & 19th century additions. In the chancel, fragments ...

All Saints' Church, Trysull

The parish church of Trysull is originally 12th century in origin, but only fragments of the building remain from this date. Major improvements were made during the 13th, 14th, 15th centuries, including ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone

A postcard view of Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone. Alleyne's Grammar School was founded in 1558 by Rev. Thomas Alleyne. The Masters and Fellows of Trinity College Cambridge were made trustees. The first ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone

A postcard view of Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone. Alleyne's Grammar School was founded in 1558 by Rev. Thomas Alleyne. The Masters and Fellows of Trinity College Cambridge were made trustees. The first ...

Alstonefield Church, interior

A view showing some of the magnificent 17th century woodwork in Alstonefield Church. To the left, in the north aisle can be seen the Cotton family. In the centre is the double (once triple) decker pulpit ...

Alton 'Abbey' (now Alton Towers) - sculpture: lithograph

'From a Gothic cross at Alton Abbey, Staffordshire.' Showing a piece of decorative carving on the cross, resembling leaves.Anonymous.

Alton Towers

A postcard view of a “Fireplace in the Long Gallery”, the Fireplace was actually located in the Talbot Gallery. On the reverse of the card it states that it is a “Real Photograph” postcard, printed ...

Alton Towers

A postcard view of Alton Towers taken around 1986. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. The 15th Earl began adapting an ...