Theme Explorer

Start Again > Health & Welfare > Health Professionals
Page 1 of 8 135 Records Found

Adult Suppository Mould

The pharmacist would use this mould to make suppositories - a way of applying medicine internally. The medicaments would be mixed in a base made from cocoa butter or glycerine and gelatine, poured in ...

Apothecary's weights

A set of apothecary's weights stored in a round cardboard pill box from Luther Wilson, 28 Brock Street, Bath. There are containing 16 brass weights in varying sizes. They were used with a set of scales ...

Bank Passage, Stafford,

View through Bank Passage from Market Square. The plaque to the right of the arch was for Mr H.S. Shepherd L.D.S, Dental Surgeon, whose practice was accessed via a doorway halfway through the arch on ...

Blood donors, Heath House Auxiliary Hospital, Tean

Volunteer blood donors being attended to by nurses at Heath House, near Tean. With the support of the Phillips family, Heath House was used as a Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital between 1941 and 1946. Photographer: ...

Blood donors, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A new use was found for the sports pavilion at the Stafford factory of Lotus Ltd., which was usually the venue for many social functions. This picture presented an unusual scene when a mobile unit from ...

Board of Chairmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Showing the names of the Chairmen 1886-1948. The man standing with the board is possibly J.A. Lovatt. Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given by the Duke ...

Board of Chairmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Board showing the names of the Chairmen, 1886-1948. (Possibly lettered by J. A. Lovatt). Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given by the Duke of Sutherland. ...

Board of Charmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Board showing Chairmen, 1886-1948. Pictured with it is possibly J.A. Lovatt, who may have painted the lettering. Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given ...

Capt. Margaret Barclay, Port Stanley, Falkland Islands

On 11th July 1982, Captain Margaret Barclay of the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps arrived in the Falkland Islands after an 8,000 mile voyage. From Eccleshall in Staffordshire, she served ...

Cheddleton Revue, St. Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton

Taking part in this "Twenties" show were: E. Lambert, J.A. Coghill, A.M. Bolger, A.B. Knight, F.P. Archer, S. Kerry (the back row), and K.F. Connelly, B. Williams, N.G. Webb, C.J. Webb, J.L.W. Beck, M. ...

Chemist's and Dispenser's twine

Small cardboard box with plastic covered look hole. Inside the box is a ball of twine, the end of which is dispensed through the top of the box. The top of the box reads "Barbour's Thread Holder Patented". ...

Chemist's balance scales

A chemist's and pharmacist's balance scales, used to accurately weight small quantities of medicines and drugs. From the Staffordshire County Museum collection. Formerly part of the collection of Mr. ...

Chemist's 'Next Dose' Labels

Box of 'Next Dose' labels. They would be attached to a customers medicine to let them know ehen their next dose should take place. They are stored in a small card box labelled on lid "The 'Allenburys' ...

Children's Ward on Christmas Day, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

Obviously Father Christmas had a lot of requests for dressing up kits in this year. These young boys are certainly pleased with their cowboy and sailor outfits, not to mention all the other presents on ...

Children's Ward on Christmas Day, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

View of nurses, Mrs Rochelle the Matron and children, some with their Christmas presents on the ward decorated for Christmas. Brian Harland aged 2 1/2 at the time is the little boy in the bus conductor’s ...

Children's Ward, Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

Young patients, some of whom are playing in the centre of the picture, and nurses on the ward. This picture must have been taken in the summer because the outside doors are fully open. The blocks under ...

Children's Ward, Stafford General Infirmary,

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. An ...

Christmas at the Children's Ward of Stafford General Infirmary

A group of children and nurses are pictured here with the Lady Mayor, seen wearing a hat in the centre of the photograph. Included on the right hand side of the photograph are Matron Crawley and Sister ...