Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 13 220 Records Found

Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway, Bentilee.

This photograph was taken from the Arbourfield Drive bridge over the Adderley Green to Bucknall mineral railway line. The spoil tip in the distance belongs to Mossfield Colliery. The houses on the left ...

Adderley Green to Bucknall railway line, near Brokhouse Green.

Looking northwards along the mineral railway. In the distance are the crossing gates for Fenton Road. The photograph was taken from the bridge over the Causley Brook. On the skyline is Hanley with to ...

Aerial view of Stoke-on-Trent

An aerial view of part of Stoke on Trent. Stoke Railway Station and the North Stafford Hotel can be seen top centre. St. peter's Church is just right of centre on the middle of the photograph. The Spode ...

Alton Railway Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station and Churnet Valley

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...

Alton Railway Station and Churnet Valley

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a luggage ...

Alton Station

Alton Station, looking towards Denstone. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and in 1892 had a luggage lift to hoist the Earl's baggage ...

Alton station

Alton station, Staffordshire, in the 1970s. It is built in the classic Italianate style, and possibly designed by H.A. Hunt, the architect who designed Stoke-on-Trent station. After closure in the ...

Alton Towers Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a luggage ...

Biddulph Road, Fegg Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking northwards along Biddulph Road (A527) at the northern end of Fegg Hayes. The bridge in the centre carried the Biddulph Valley Branch railway line. The railway bridge ...

Biddulph Valley Branch alongside Norton Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent

A view along the Biddulph Valley branch line where it runs alongside Norton Colliery, which is to the right. The spoil tips just appear on the extreme right. The photograph was taken from the Leek Road ...

Biddulph Valley Branch mineral railway at Milton Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north along the ex North Staffordshire Railway's Biddulph Valley Branch near Milton Road. Norton Colliery waste tip and the Ford Green Iron Works are the centre behind the line house. Much of the ...

Bignall End, Audley

This postcard shows the view from the foot of Boon Hill, at the junction of Raven's Lane and Bignall Hill. The North Staffordshire Branch railway line, seen here running from the left, has now been removed. ...

Birchenwood Road near Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Birchenwood Road. The photograph was taken from close to the site of Goldenhill Station, which was just behind the camera, and Birchenwood Road was originally called Station Road. ...

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Black Bull station and Victoria Colliery aerial ropeway, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Black Bull Station was just north of Brindley Ford on the Biddulph Valley line, opened in 1860. The station opened in 1864 but the line was used mainly for coal and iron stone and passenger numbers were ...

Black Bull Station and Victoria Colliery, Brindley Ford

This is a view looking north from Bull Lane towards Victoria Colliery. Black Bull station buildings can be seen on the right hand side. The station was on the now dismantled Biddulph Valley Branch. On ...